Fall Instagram Tips For Your Best Post Yet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

In my opinion, fall is one of the best seasons for so many different reasons! There are football games, cozy sweaters, bonfires and, best of all, cute Instagram pictures. I seriously can not get enough of fall pictures. I feel the colors, the lighting and the clothes all seem so perfect. I follow some fall Instagram accounts all year long, so I can relive this wonderful time of year over and over again. Not only do I love looking at other people enjoy fall as much as I do, but I love taking the perfect fall picture any chance I get. Here are some of my tips for taking the best fall pictures. Make sure to tag Her Campus Iowa in your fall pictures, so we can see what y’all have been up to! Enjoy! 

1. Visit a Pumpkin Patch 

Pumpkin patches are not only fun places to get lost in a corn maze but are also the perfect location for everything fall. Every fall picture can be filled with pumpkins and mums that just scream fall. Grab your friends and head to the nearest pumpkin patch this weekend for a photo shoot (and to get lost in the corn maze). I promise you will enjoy it! 

2. Rustic

Rustic pictures are my absolute favorite any time of the year but especially during fall. I feel that the edgy look of a rustic old abandoned place gives it an extra touch to the fall background. Many small towns in Iowa are filled with old abandoned places just waiting to be photographed. Here I found some old gas pumps in my hometown. Taking pictures in old places adds a certain touch to any fall picture. 

3. Coffee

Nothing says fall more than a PSL from Starbucks, especially if you take a picture of it. So many coffee shops offer special treats this time of year to promote the glorious fall season. One of my favorite places to go in Iowa City is High Ground with its chill atmosphere and amazing hot chocolate. Try out different coffee shops this season to find your favorite, and make sure to take cute pictures of your coffee along the way! 

4. Carving Pumpkins

One of my favorite fall traditions every year is carving pumpkins. I have hardly missed a year since I was a little kid; something about seeing a glowing pumpkin on my doorstep on Halloween just makes me happy. It’s also a good excuse to take some cute pictures to show off your art work. Make a day of it with some friends by picking out some pumpkins and carving them together. It will be a day full of laughs and adorable pics! 

5. Outdoors

Enjoy the outdoors! Fall is a great for spending a little quality time outside. No longer do we have to worry about the sweltering sun or a sunburn. Grabbing a good book and a cozy sweater can be the perfect afternoon spent outside. I also love taking fall pictures outside. The added backdrop of leaves, fall trees or, in this case, apples let people know that you are enjoying fall. Grab a camera, go outside and enjoy fall and all it has to offer. 

As you can tell I am absolutely crazy for fall. I love everything about it, especially taking cute pictures to share with my friends. There are so many reasons to enjoy this time of year. Taking pictures will make the memories last forever. So grab a camera and head outdoors. Don’t forget, you’ll only regret the pictures you didn’t take!

Currently I am a sophomore at the Universtiy of Iowa majoring in Elementary Education. I love writing, especially about how wonderful our campus is! 
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.