Campus Cutie: Dakota Maysonet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

The Basics (age, year, major, hometown)?

I am 21 years old, a senior in the English Major within the Creative Writing Track, hailing from Beverly Hills, California.

What is the dating scene in Los Angeles like compared to Iowa City? 

The dating scene is much more lax [no pun intended] in Iowa City, though that’s not to say it’s rigorous in LA.  Things in LA move in a more explicit sense, where people go on two person outings to dinner, movies and the like with the clear intention of possibly developing a budding romance.  From what I hear about in Iowa, most people go in group hangouts to movies or such events, sitting next to their person of interest.  This eventually transforms into the two hanging out together at each other’s houses, leading into the ever-awkward “So…where is this going?”

How would you describe your style?

My fashion sense can most easily be classified under the category of “unique.” Whether it be bright colors or outlandish patterns, if it looks like something nobody else owns, then I’m all about it.

What kind of things do you look for in a partner? 

I really enjoy the person that can hold a conversation about intellectual pursuits or real world events but isn’t afraid to have a wild night on the town or just be silly in general. 

Where is your favorite place to meet women? Where is the most unique place?

Well, to meet new women, I have to say at the mall when both she and I are in groups of friends.  We both have our support group if they say no to wanting to hang with us or aren’t that interested, but people want to chat and interact when they’re with others, so if you come across with the intention of just wanting to meet new people in the area, then it should all go smoothly.  I’m not sure where the most unique place would be, most of the places in which I’ve met women are tried and true: dorm, house party, bar, just your average college places. Some place non-traditional to meet women would be, I don’t know, the EPB?

Are you single? 

And ready to Pringle.

What is one of your favorite quotes? 

“It’s the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they’re gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it’s my turn to leave.”

-Tupac Shakur

Celebrity crush(es)? 

Rachel McAdams wears that crown, oh man.  But I’d be remiss in not saying that I think Kate Upton is gorgeous. I’ve also got a pretty big dude crush on Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds.

Dream job?

I would love to write the stories for video games, also known as a scripter. The only issue is that there’s not a specific field of study to pursue this career, so I’m just making the best of my path with creative writing.

If someone wrote a biography about your life, what would it be called?

“‘Just a City Boy’ – The Story of Following One’s Dream through Life’s Twists and Turns”

What songs would be on a soundtrack to your life?

Needing/Getting by Ok Go, Read My Mind by The Killers and Baptized by Fire by Spinnerette.  There are some other songs that I really enjoy, but I don’t think they belong on this site, nor are they really something I can imagine playing in the background of my life.

What is something you learned about love in the past year? 

Love is a funny little thing that can shift to a new person as easily as it can hold onto someone with an iron grip.  Being heartbroken wastes time and detracts from the possibilities of life and the joy the future can bring.

How now brown cow?

Just dandy sipping a shandy.

A like longs walks on a short plank. 
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.