Campus Cutie Couple-Andy and Dom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Her Campus Iowa is featuring the first campus cutie couple for the month of February to celebrate happy love and healthy relationships. Andy and Dom, our featured couple, recently celebrated their sixth anniversary on February 10th and seem to have something that is hard to find these days. These two are clearly in love and show others what a healthy, fun and loving relationship looks like. They have something that every individual hopes to have in a partner some day.

1. How did you two meet?

Dom: We met at a water park through a mutual group of freinds. We were both seeing other people at the time, but really hit if off.

2. What is your favorite trait in each other?

Dom: I love his willingness to always help others who need it without giving a second thought.

Andy: She is the toughest girl I’ve ever met and never lets me bully her.

3. What do you think a healthy relationship needs to have?

Dom: Good communication.

Andy: Friendship first.

4. Describe your perfect date with each other?

Dom: Any night that ends in me and him talking and goofing around all night.

Andy: Good food and just me and her.

5. What’s your biggest pet peeve about each other?

Dom: His overuse of dishes without washing them!

Andy: The nagging like a wife.

6. What’s the sweetest thing the other has done for you?

Dom: The first time he and I spent an extended period of time apart (I was in the Domincan) he would wake up during all hours of the night so that I would wake up to good morning texts or a facebook message every day.

Andy: Because she couldn’t communicate her feelings to me verbally at the beginning of our relationship, she would write me a two page note every time she had something to say or if she just wanted to say how much she cared about me.

She is a senior at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism with a minor in English. On top of being a campus correspondent for Her Campus, Adrian is also a brand ambassador for Quad, a communications intern for Pearson and the marketing director of Iowa's Ed On Campus chapter. When she isn't rereading Harry Potter for the hundredth time, Adrian is playing with her English Bulldog, Stella, or looking at pictures of French Bulldogs on Pinterest. She hopes to someday move into a bigger apartment that can accommodate many pets, write the next greatest novel that will take the world by storm, and be a contributing editor or EIC of a major publication or publishing house.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.