Campus Celebrity: Emily Archer

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Once you meet Emily Archer, it’s easy to see that she isn’t your typical university student. Emily is a Sophomore at The University of Iowa, and she is taking full advantage of the university’s esteemed writing programs as a Journalism major. She is also pursuing a Writing Certificate because her passion for writing outweighs her interest in literature, which is the primary focus for English majors at the University of Iowa’s program. 

She recently put her writing skills to the test and competed in a month-long writing challenge in honor of National Writing Month this November. Each day, participants had to write an average of 1,600 words towards their novel for 30 days. Emily rose to the top and was named the winner of the contest hosted by NANOWRINO.

Emily’s skills set isn’t limited to being an excellent writer, however. She is also a talented singer and is a member of the new student organization Old Gold Show Choir. She has performed in two shows on campus so far at the Iowa Memorial Union. With the holiday season quickly approaching, Emily will show off her pipes singing Christmas carol classics at Old Gold’s next show. Make sure you keep an eye out for this talented Sophomore on campus!

Photo Source: Emily Archer

Renée is a junior at The University of Iowa, majoring in English with a concentration in Creative Writing.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.