Campus Celeb: Sehseh Sanan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

This week’s Campus Celeb is University of Iowa sophomore Sehseh Sanan. She is a hardworking, driven woman with a passion for law and politics. Originally, Sehseh is from Gurnee, Illinois. She is majoring in Ethics and Public Policy and getting the Writing Certificate. She is currently the president of the campus club No Labels.

Give us a little background of what No Labels stands for and what their mission is?

No Labels is a non-partisan organization that encourages bipartisanship between the Democrats and Republicans. Washington D.C. has been in constant gridlock, and No Labels seeks to end that. We also promote the creation of a National Strategic Agenda with four goals: create 25 million new jobs over the next ten years, secure Social Security and Medicare for another 75 years, balance the federal budget by 2030, and make American energy secure by 2024.

What do you hope to accomplish as president of No Labels?

As president, I hope to accomplish getting more people to join our local chapter and raise awareness about bipartisanship.

What sorts of opportunities have you had as president of No Labels?

One of the biggest opportunities I’ve had as being president of No Labels was recently being invited and flown out to Manchester, New Hampshire, for the first No Labels Problem Solver Convention. We held a college summit the first day, and the next, we heard from eight presidential candidates. We heard from Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, John Kasich, Martin O’Malley, Lindsey Graham, Jim Webb, Chris Christie, George Pataki and a number of other politicians from across the nation. They spoke about our four goals and spoke to New Hampshire voters, as they are the first primary state.

Seseh at the No Labels Problem Solver Convention with Breaking Bad star Dan Norris and another student leader of No Labels.

She also met Iowa senator Jeff Danielson.

What’s your favorite part about being President of No Labels?

My favorite part has been helping get this chapter off its feet and continue to hope and work for it to grow bigger. Also, meeting a ton of inspirational college leaders from other schools all over the nation has been a great experience.

What are your future career goals?

My future career goal is to be a lawyer or maybe dabble in politics. Not quite sure, yet!

What else are you are involved in on campus?

I’m also involved in Women in Business and the Pre-Law fraternity, Phi Alpha Delta.

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?

Excited!

What’s one thing you want to cross off your bucketlist before graduating?

One thing I want to cross off my bucket list before graduating would have to be getting a picture with Herky.

If you want to follow or join Sehseh’s club, No Labels, you can find them on their facebook page , Twitter at @nolabelshawkeye. and Instagram at @nolabelshawkeyechapter.

Thanks Sehseh, keep being amazing!

Sophomore @ University of Iowa, Journalism and Communications
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.