This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

“In the university, we preserve the greatness of the past and create the wonders of the future.” Sally Mason, President of The University of Iowa

From the moment you step on to the University of Iowa campus, you can see why this beautiful and historical campus is one to be admired. Originally the capital of Iowa, the Univeirty of Iowa campus in downtown Iowa City is full of historic buildings that are extremely important to Iowa’s history. The most histoic and impressive of these buildings is the Old Capital Building found in the center of the univeristy’s Pentacrest. This building is a staple centerpiece of the campus that has been beautifully preserved since it’s construction in 1840.

If you ever find yourself walking by the Old Capital, take time to admire and appreciate its beauty and splendor. 

My name is Jess. I'm a senior here at the University of Iowa where I am currently studying as an English major. I love all things related to writing, music, and spending time with the people who mean the most to me. I am currently interning for Iowa City UNESCO City of Literature as a Marketing intern. Someday, I hope to work as an editor or proofreader in a publishing house.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.