This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Brandon Sleik ’14

Name: Brandon Sleik
Year: Second Year Freshman
Status: Quite happy, thanks for asking. How are you?
Hometown: Naperville, Illi anois aka “the dirty 6-30”
Major: Double Major in English and German
Motto: Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover…a quote by Mark Twain
Campus Activities: Hitting the books, being a diehard Hawkeyes fan, but most importantly just enjoying the best years of my life.
Fun Fact: Hippo milk is pink 
Favorite music: I love all kinds of music from Mozart to Kid Cudi
Favorite Hawkeye sports to watch: Kinnick Stadium is my sanctuary. I also support my Hawks at a lot of basketball and volleyball games.
Favorite thing about Iowa: I love it when it so cold that my lungs hurt when I breathe
Favorite hangout spot: If I’m not in mine or a friend’s room lounging about, I’m at the union. (the IMU, not downtown)
It really confuses me when girls at Iowa… think they need to wear short skirts when it’s -20 outside. Put some jeans on, it’s ok.
My idea of a perfect first date: Bleacher tickets for a Cubs game. I get to enjoy baseball, and she gets to enjoy getting some sun. If she’s a baseball fan, that’s a plus.

Nicole Lumbreras is a junior at University of Iowa, class of 2012, studying Journalism and Sociology. Born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, Nicole loves to explore new restaurants, see live music and attend sporting events. Nicole loves to travel, dance, write in her blog and takes pleasure in the art of photography. Nicole loves to spend time with her friends and family, and when time allows she will get her fill of Bad Girls Club, Glee, So You Think You Can Dance, and Grey's Anatomy. Nicole recently got foot surgery and rediscovered running; her goal is to run a half marathon before she is 25. After college she plans to move into the city (Chicago) with a American bulldog, attend graduate school at night and hopefully write for Chicago Magazine or another fun and upcoming project.