Academy of Country Music Awards – What worked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Laura Bell Bundy
– Some critics are wondering whether or not Ms. Bundy will be able to make it in the country music industry, this is one fashionista I would hate to be without.  She looked absolutely perfect in this Jean Fares Couture gown.  The details on the dress made it a unique statement that would have grabbed attention al l night long.  This is the kind of dress that should be seen more often on red carpets everywhere.

Julianne Hough
– Ryan Seacrest’s leading lady looked gorgeous in this spring’s got to coral hue.  The gold accessories really gave the outfit the extra pop it needed to really stand out.  Not all fair skinned women can pull this look off, but Hough certainly did.

Taylor Swift
– Swift tweeted a sneak peak of her dress early on in the night, but she still managed to wow in this gorgeous creation.  She was possibly the best dressed starlet of the night, looking elegant and mature in this pale yellow Elie Saab Couture gown.  Understated jewelry by Neil Lane pulled the whole look together.

Carrie Underwood
– Underwood may not have taken a ton of awards home last night, but she certainly looked fantastic despite it.  This Jean Fares Couture dress’s color pops out in the most stunning way possible.  Underwood was able to show off her svelte, toned frame and still look like a goddess.  Later on she channeled her inner rocker in an entirely different ensemble, which highlighted her long, lean legs.  This woman is definitely one of the best dressed former American Idols and arguably the most successful as well.

Brynne Schweigel is a senior studying Journalism and Mass Communication as well as Political Science at the University of Iowa. She currently contributes fashion pieces to the University of Iowa Her Campus branch's blog. She writes weekly for the University of Iowa's Center for Global and Regional Environmental Research's blog, the Iowa Environmental Focus, and had pieces published in The Daily Iowan. She spent the Spring 2010 semester interning at the state capitol in Des Moines. In her spare time, Brynne enjoys shopping, reading, running, listening to music and playing with her puppy, Bonnie.  She will graduate in December 2011 and hopes to move somewhere that never has snow.
Nicole Lumbreras is a junior at University of Iowa, class of 2012, studying Journalism and Sociology. Born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, Nicole loves to explore new restaurants, see live music and attend sporting events. Nicole loves to travel, dance, write in her blog and takes pleasure in the art of photography. Nicole loves to spend time with her friends and family, and when time allows she will get her fill of Bad Girls Club, Glee, So You Think You Can Dance, and Grey's Anatomy. Nicole recently got foot surgery and rediscovered running; her goal is to run a half marathon before she is 25. After college she plans to move into the city (Chicago) with a American bulldog, attend graduate school at night and hopefully write for Chicago Magazine or another fun and upcoming project.