8 Times Kim K Was You in the Dining Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

We all know the dining hall experience can be less than pleasant, but for some reason it brings out the worst and the most dramatic in us. And we all know who the queen is when it comes to drama. So, it’s really no surprise that our inner Kim K comes out everytime we walk into that hallowed hall.

1. When the person in line in front of you drops their tray, but you still gotta eat.

2. When the housing and dining guy is cute but your outfit, hair and overall lifestyle are crum, so you gotta turn on the flirty eyes.

3. When you tell yourself you’re eating healthy today, and you are just getting salad, but then you see the dessert section and all bets are off.

4. “Actually we just ran out of mini corn dogs, so it’s going to be about ten more minutes.”

5. When you’re going out, but you need to eat real fast before you go, so you gotta look as good leaving the dining hall as you do going in. It’s a delicate process when you’ve already done your makeup for the night.

6. When it’s build-your-own grilled cheese day, and your friend didn’t wait in the line but tries to sneak a bite off your plate.

7. When you want some alone time, so you specifically go to eat by yourself, but you see someone you know, and they insist on chatting you up.

8. When you’ve been eating at the dining hall for so long that any other food seems like ambrosia from the gods, and you spend all your time thinking of the different luxury foods you could be eating if you had any money to buy them.

Gif 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Emily is a sophomore at the University of Iowa studying Communication Studies and Event Planning. She is a member of Alpha Chi Omega and her plans for her future are to simply eat so many waffles she becomes Leslie Knope.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.