This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

There’s no doubt that this year is unlike any other. If you’re like me, you probably thought that things were going to be back to “normal” by now. Nonetheless, here we are! Most of us are learning remotely from home, and all of us are trying to maintain just an ounce of sanity through the end of the year. To help with that, I’ve decided to look through some of the most popular streaming services and give a list of every movie you can watch this Halloween to make life feel a little less stressful. 

Netflix:

With one of the largest collections, Netflix usually takes hours to scroll through. It has just about everything you could want when it comes to creepy new series and films, horror favorites and supernatural staples.

Available movies and TV shows: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (2018-present), The Babysitter (2020), The Haunting of Bly Manor (2020), Silence of the Lambs (1991), Poltergeist (1982), The Evil Dead (1981), The Vampire Diaries (2009-2017) and iZombie (2015-2019). 

Hulu:

Whether you’re looking for classic slasher movies, middle school favorites or haunting television shows, odds are you’ll have some luck on Hulu.

Available movies and TV shows: Texas Chainsaw (1974), Child’s Play (2019), My Bloody Valentine (1981), the entire Twilight franchise, Scream Queens (2015-2016), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2001) and American Horror Story (2011-present). 

Disney+:

If you’re feeling particularly nostalgic this Halloween or if mainstream horror isn’t really your thing, you might as well skip the other streaming sites and head right over to Disney+. Relive your childhood nightmares with Disney Original Movies and Halloween episodes of your favorite shows.

Available movies and TV shows: Hocus Pocus (1993), the Halloweentown series, Twitches (2005) and Twitches Too (2007), Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire (2000), Phantom of the Megaplex (2000), Hannah Montana (Season 1 Episode 17 “Torn Between Two Hannahs”), Kim Possible (Season 1 Episode 14 “October 31st”), That’s So Raven (Season 2 Episode 2 “Don’t Have a Cow”) and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (Season 1 Episode 19 “The Ghost in Suite 613”). 

Amazon Prime:

There’s more of a carefully selected assortment of movies and shows on Amazon Prime, but you’re sure to find some psychological gems and supernatural series if you look hard enough. 

Available movies and TV shows: Hereditary (2018), The Cabin in the Woods (2012), Midsommar (2019), The Lighthouse (2019), Teen Wolf (2011-2017), Hannibal (2013-2015), Grimm (2011-2017) and, of course, Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural (2016-present).

While these lists are nowhere near the entire range of movies on each site, I hope they are enough to give you somewhere to start. Make yourself a cup of hot chocolate, grab your favorite blankets and have yourself a cozy night in! 

Martina is a Sophomore at the University of Delaware, majoring in English. She loves reading, writing, making playlists, and spending time with her dogs.
Contributor account