Gina Magliocco: Chair for the Press Corps of HenMUN VIII

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

This week, I had the pleasure of interviewing Gina. Gina is the chair for the Press Corps at the University of Delaware’s Model United Nations Conference, HenMUN VIII. Gina is a junior International Relations major from Yorktown NY. She’s excited for the conference and hopes to see more people get involved!

Her Campus: How long have you been participating in HenMUN?

Gina Magliocco: This will be my second conference!

HC: What are some of the responsibilities that you have as chair?

GM: As chair I have a lot of responsibilities. One would be creating a background guide for the delegates full of information on the conference and the committee. On the day, I am responsible for the high schoolers in my committee and making sure they’re having fun. 

HC: What is the Press Corps?

GM: The Press Corps is a journalism committee in the Model UN. It focuses on breaking news, creating scandal, and using media to alter politics. 

HC: What has been your favorite part of being chair for the Press Corps so far?

GM: My favorite part of being chair is definitely learning more about the interactions between media and politics. 

HC: What are you most excited for during conference weekend?

GM: I am excited to be working with the high schoolers, teaching them, and seeing how it all comes together ! 

HC: What would you say to other students who want to get involved with Model United Nations?

GM: I would always suggest they do it ! You meet a lot of new people and learn so much. You also do not need any prior experience to enjoy the conference. 

HenMUN VIII is taking place at the University of Delaware on the weekend of March 6-8, 2020. If you would like to get involved please email the Secretary General, Kaleigh Shupp, at sec-gen@henmun.org.

Kaylee is the former President and Editor in Chief for Her Campus at the University of Delaware. She held this title from 2017-2020 and wrote for Penn State's chapter as a contributor prior to this. Now a proud UD class of 2020 alum (B.A. in Public Policy and Writing), Kaylee is completing her Masters in Public Health. Aside from writing, Kaylee was involved in many activities as an undergrad. She wrote for three college publications, was a Blue Hen Ambassador tour guide, worked as a Starbucks barista, and was the Director of Operations for the Model United Nations at UD.
Gina Magliocco

Delaware '21

Gina is a Senior at the University of Delaware and the current President of the Her Campus UDel Chapter  She is an International Relations major with a minor in Public Policy.  She enjoys writing very much and has also been published by "Young Professionals in Foreign Policy." Gina is from Westchester, New York. 
Contributor account