This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Hello there my festive friends! Fall is here and Thanksgiving is well underway. Whether you are visiting family in person or having a Zoom thanksgiving, colorful decor will be sure to keep spirits high. With a little help from the instructions below and supplies from your local craft store, your home will be turned into a cornucopia of festivity! Here’s five pieces of Thanksgiving decor you’ll definitely want to create this holiday.

Door Wreath. Ready to make this decorative wreath? Here’s what you need to do! 

Materials: Wreath frame (14 in), Pre-cut Tulle (Red, Orange, Yellow and/or Brown), Ribbon, Scissors

Optional: Individual Pack of Assorted Leaves 

Steps: First, open your pre-cut tulle pack (which can be found at your local Michael’s craft store or anywhere the ‘Celebrate it’ brand is sold), wrap a single length of tulle around the wreath frame, and double knot it around the frame. Continue this in whatever pattern you would like until the wreath is full. Make sure that the ends of the tulle are facing outwards for that full look. Next, take your roll of patterned ribbon and cut it into several 32 inch lengths. Pick from styles like plaid, polka dot or turkeys. Now take these lengths and add them throughout the wreath, tying them similarly to the tulle with the ends facing out. This will add some fall flair, in addition to hot gluing fabric leaves around the knots of the tulle and ribbon. Hang the finished product with a wreath hanger and place it on your door to show off your newest creation.

Placemat. Customize your own fall placemats with the following steps!

Materials: Self-Seal Laminating Sheets, Pack of Assorted Leaves

Steps: Peel off the backing paper to reveal the clear sticky laminating sheet, place the leaves in their desired location, and lay another laminating sheet on top to seal the two layers together. Use this at your Thanksgiving dinner to make it an extra festive meal.

Table Runner. In just a few simple steps, your table will be all decorated in the Thanksgiving spirit!

Materials: Cotton Table Runner, Stamps, Ink pad

Steps: Take out your white or tan table runner, stamp in all of your favorite fall shapes, and warm toned ink pads, and stamp all over the table runner. This is another activity that will look perfect at your Thanksgiving table.

Mason Jar Candles. Have your home smelling like cinnamon and vanilla with this candle recipe!

Materials: Mason Jar, Smokeless Candle Wicks, Soy Wax, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla extract

Steps: Melt two cups of wax in the microwave at 1 minute intervals until all of the wax is melted. While the wax is melting, wrap the end of a wick around a pencil. Balance it on top of the mason jar so the metal bottom of the wick sits at the bottom of the jar. Then mix the vanilla and cinnamon with the wax, and pour the mixture in. Let it set for 4-5 hours and have the scents of Thanksgiving fill your house.

No-Sew Pillow. Get ready to cuddle with this oh-so-soft pillow after following the instructions below!

Materials: One Yard of Patterned Fleece, 32 Oz Poly-Fil Pillow Stuffing, Scissors

Steps: Take your yard of patterned fleece and cut it into two half yard pieces. After this, lay the two half yards on top of one another so the ends all match up, and cut even squares out of each of the four corners that are about two finger lengths long. Next, cut thick strips that match the length of the square around the border of the fabric while the two layers are on top of one another, and double knot the two strips (one of each layer) together. Complete this process along all but one of the sides, and then add in your pillow stuffing to your desired fluffiness! Finish this cozy look by tying up the last side of the pillow and then you’re all ready to relax.

Now it’s your turn to put your own personal twist on these pieces! Head out to a craft store, grab the glue turn and make these styles your own, while keeping in mind the things you are grateful for this year. Good luck crafting these wholesome autumn creations, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Colette Brancaccio is a current senior at the University of Delaware. She is studying Elementary Education with a Concentration in Special Education. She enjoys reading, going for runs, & random dance parties. She is also the Founder and Owner of BHive Designs, a growing business that provides inventive & affordable gifts for any occasion while promoting service to the community.
Contributor account