This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Rainy autumn days get everyone down and it can be hard to get through when all you want is some sunshine. The good news is it makes for the perfect weather to hunker down inside particularly at the local movie theater. Gather the girls or head to the theater on your own, but most importantly, get some goodies. The best part of going to the theater is finding the perfect snack, and though it may be overpriced and empty by the time previews end, picking the right one is a crucial aspect of the movie going experience.

1. Popcorn

This is, of course, the quintessential choice. Covered in butter and salt is the only way to go, and if they don’t have free refills, is it even worth it? Showing up to see a film without at least considering a bucket to share, a crucial element of the movie going process, is unheard of.

2. Raisinets

These are one of the more controversial options. People either love them or hate them. For those of us who do love them, the box usually winds up empty by the time previews end. It’s one of those candies that you seem to only ever be able to find at the theater making it all the more special.

3. Nachos

It might sound gross getting the fake cheese that you’ll most definitely be given at a theater, but don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. It’s part of the experience, and though it may be processed, it tastes just as good going down.

4. Twizzlers

They’re the kind of candy where you tell yourself you’re only going to have one, maybe two, and suddenly you’re holding an empty bag wishing you had just one more. They just so happen to be one of the most fattening candies you can choose, but is that really something to be concerned about when it tastes that good. This is a must for a day at the movies alone because no one actually wants to share their licorice.

5. Pretzel Bites

For when you need a salty fix but don’t feel like digging kernels out of your teeth. They may not offer these at every theater, but that makes them all the more the special. When you find this at the concession stand, you’ll know you’ve hit the jackpot.

6. Junior Mints

These are the perfect date candy. No need to wonder what your date thinks of this snack choice or worry about bad breath.