Culture > News

What’s Going On With Tom Brady And Gisele?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Ever since Tom Brady retired from the NFL, then unretired shortly after, his name has been circling the news over and over again. 

Though this isn’t the only reason he is in your daily news feed. 

Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen recently finalized their divorce, each releasing a statement on October 28th addressing their separation. 

In Bündchen’s statement she wrote, “The decision to end a marriage is never easy but we have grown apart and while it is, of course, difficult to go through something like this, I feel blessed for the time we had together and only wish the best for Tom always.” 

Multiple sources say that Bündchen strongly disliked the way Brady handled his retirement and coming back; she even mentioned that “he knows this is his last season if he wants to stay married.” 

Gisele allegedly gave Tom an ultimatum to choose their family or continue on with his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. She has stated that she doesn’t want to see him get hurt and she is worried for her family. 

So what has happened since the recent split? 

The media rumors that supermodel Gisele Bündchen is already moving on, supposedly dating her jiu-jitsu instructor, Joaquim Valente. In recent tabloid photos, the two have been spending time together in Costa Rica, with two of her children, Benjamin and Vivian. 

The Buccaneers are not having the greatest season. Many are claiming this is partially due to the fact that Brady is 45, and has been distracted by his personal life. To compete at the highest level two of the most significant attributes are skill (obviously) and focus. While there is still time to turn the season around, at this point, Brady seems to be struggling with tuning out all the noise off the field.   

Rachel is a Junior at UConn majoring in Communications with a minor in Human Development. She is currently serving as Marketing and Merchandise Coordinator for UConn's Her Campus chapter! Rachel has a strong passion for writing about anything from music, food, fashion, sports, or just relatable content. In the future, Rachel hopes to have a career in Digital Marketing, Public Relations, and/or Advertising In her free time, Rachel loves to spend time with friends, try new restaurants, and attend UConn basketball games!