What If Rory Gilmore Went to UConn Instead

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Any decent Gilmore Girls fans know that the brilliant Rory Gilmore dreamed of attending Harvard University all her life until she later fell in love with the nearby ivy, Yale University. Sure, Rory may have been influenced by the fact that Yale was her grandfather’s alma mater but let’s consider what would have happened if Rory instead chose Connecticut’s other pride, UConn.

Rory would never second-guessed standing in line for Dunkin Donuts.

That girl understood the necessity of a caffeine fix.

Richard and Emily would attend every basketball game.

GO HUSKIES!

Luke’s Diner (the sequel?) would open up in Storrs Center.

Honestly, a handsome but sarcastic man wearing a backwards baseball cap serving up 75 cent cups of coffee is really what the community needs.

While walking extensively to class, Rory would be equally out of breath (if not more) while talking to Lorelai on the phone.

The Gilmore Girls talk fast but this Storrs terrain would surely slow her down.

Paris Geller for Student Body President.

Although our current president is pretty awesome.

Rory’s Prius would be peppered with little orange envelopes courtesy of Parking Services.

No one is safe.

Rory totally would have blogged for HerCampus UConn while simultaneously reporting for The Daily Campus.

Can’t pick between the two!

We’re pretty confident Lorelai and Rory would have been proud UConn Huskies.

Who knows… maybe Rory will make an appearance at UConn in the new Gilmore Girls revival.

Mary is a senior studying Communication and Entrepreneurship. She is an avid instagrammer, a sucker for anything on Bravo, and is passionate about the beauty industry.  When she is not busy with Phi Sigma Pi, Autism Speaks U, and Her Campus, she can be found writing for her personal beauty blog. Follow her on instagram @marysecondo.