This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

In today’s digital age, girls have more opportunities than ever before to connect, learn, and grow. A remarkable testament to this is the newly created, Girlhood website and blog. This online platform serves as a source of inspiration and empowerment for girls all around the world with its comprehensive material and dedication to promoting self-growth, confidence, and community. You’ve probably seen this viral video on TikTok posted by the creators of Girlhood, along with many other promotional efforts.

@gir1hood

got that upperhand 💋 website is linked on insta! #girlssupportgirls #positivity #adviceforgirls #teensupport

♬ original sound – bry

The goal of the website is to uplift and support girls by addressing particular difficulties they encounter in adolescence. The site frequently features personal reflections and testimonies from young women through their multiple blogs. There is truly no better feeling than having another woman affirm your feelings and boost your self-esteem.

The website gives teens multiple opportunities to be a part of the community, such as pages where you can write your own submissions for a blog entry, send letters to be posted anonymously, or even read blogs written by the Girlhood Team that contain advice and shared interests.

Once you find yourself on the website, you will be presented with a ‘Talk to Us’ button which will bring you to a Google form to submit questions or situations for advice. It will then be listed on a Google spreadsheet, where a team of girls will work to reply and share their personal advice right to your email. The Girlhood Team shows compassion and commitment while working tirelessly to help girls all over the world work through problems many have experienced themselves.

Creators, Sophia Rundle and Mia Sugimoto proclaim their passion for helping young girls navigate through the struggles of being a woman. Inspired by the Barbie movie, Sophia and Mia desired a place for girls and women alike to come together and share their stories.

“We want every girl to know that they belong, and that there are girls all over the world willing to help.”

After going viral on TikTok, the website and its social media platforms grew at an exceptional rate. Now currently at almost ninety thousand followers on TikTok and over thirteen thousand on Instagram, Girlhood continues to work to promote its blog and even share inspiring affirmations for everyone to enjoy. They are constantly finding new ways to improve and expand their brand.

@gir1hood

& we’re still expanding! thank you for our volunteers and every1’s support in making this all possible 💗 link in bio! #girlhood #girlssupportgirls #positivity #adviceforgirls #teensupport #girladvice #girltalk

♬ 4EVER – <3

With an increase in fame, came an increase in advice submissions. To keep up, the Girlhood Team created a link where you can apply to take on the role of advice-giver, blogger, or graphic designer. They currently have over thousands of applicants eagerly waiting to be a part of the organization.

It is important to note that the team members are young girls themselves, and are in no way mental health professionals. There is a disclaimer included on the home page of Girlhood which includes a plethora of resources for those in crisis. If you are ever in need of professional help, please call the appropriate helpline.

In a world where gender disparities persist, it is essential that women come together to support one another and foster change. Girlhood showcases the diligence and resilience of young women everywhere as they navigate the complexities of girlhood and emerge as strong, compassionate women.

Tatyana is a driven individual, balancing her role as a dedicated nursing aide with her pursuit of higher education in human development. Her ultimate aspiration is to become a registered nurse, a testament to her commitment to healthcare and helping others. Beyond her professional pursuits, Tatyana is fueled by a deep passion for empowering young women and engaging in conversations about mental health and self-growth. She's incredibly girly, with a slight obsession with all things pink and an undying love for her cat, Hallie.