This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Have you ever been walking around campus or sitting in a lecture hall and wondered to yourself, “Hmmm what zodiac sign would this inanimate structure be?” No? Yeah, understandable.

BUT if you were curious, you’ve come to the right place. With a campus as big as UConn’s, and the several hundred places you could be throughout your day, it’s safe to say that certain areas of campus have their own personalities, for better or worse.

Astrology is a fun tool that assigns traits to an individual based on where certain constellations were at the time of their birth. Interestingly enough, everything, human or not, has a zodiac birth chart that can be found using the launch date, grand opening, etc. to obtain an astrological profile!

So without further ado, here’s what buildings I think best encapsulate the energy and traits of each zodiac sign at UConn.

Aries: Gampel Pavilion

March 21 — April 19

Passionate and bold Aries is the perfect representation of this campus staple. People line up hours before events start just to be there; that’s how magnetic they are. The electrifying energy inside Gampel during our intense games is something that only the headstrong fire sign of the Ram can be compared to.

LET’S GO HUSKIES, LET’S GO!

Taurus: Wilbur Cross

April 20 — May 20

Well-grounded Taurus loves the beautiful things in life, which is why this entrancing study destination perfectly sums them up. It’s peaceful, so quiet that no one would even think about bothering you, and has Crossroads Cafe for all of the Bull’s sweet tooth cravings.

For the gentle earth sign that is Taurus, this location is heaven in Storrs.

Gemini: Oak Hall

May 21 — June 20

Gemini, represented by the Twins, is sure to find some similarities to the tried and true Oak Hall. Composed of two mirrored buildings, this architectural pair is full of discussion classrooms, encapsulating the social and talkative Gemini’s personality.

Ever the humorous sign, I always feel pranked by never knowing which building I’m supposed to be walking into when running late. The first of the air signs in the Zodiac, students will want to be sure to close their umbrellas before walking through the wind tunnel between the two buildings! 

Cancer: Homer Babbidge Library

June 21 — July 22

Considered the mother of the Zodiac, Cancers tend to be a bit intimidating on the outside, but lovely and nurturing souls once walls come down. In the biggest library on campus, there are bound to be emotions running high, but loyal and compassionate Cancer/Babbidge is here to support you to get that assignment done.

For the number of tears I’ve shed on the 4th floor, I think this destination nicely encapsulates our first water sign of the Zodiac.

Leo: Rec Center

July 23 — August 22

The multimillion-dollar complex that is the Rec commands center stage just as much as the vibrant and charismatic Leo does. People really just can’t get enough of this extravagant and alluring destination, myself included.

Leo always brings the drama, and from the boujee Dyson hand dryers to delicious açaí bowls, the Rec secures itself at the top of the food chain just like the Lion on its Pride Rock. 

Virgo: McHugh Hall

August 23 — September 22

Virgo, the most reliable perfectionist you’ll ever meet, and McHugh Hall, the dependable star of center campus. Home to, in my opinion, the nicest lecture halls at UConn, a Virgo would never make you cram too tightly next to your neighbor, write on a tiny triangle desk (cough Austin), and would always make sure the technology is up to date.

Virgos never fail to help out a friend in need, like a cold, shivering girl that needs a warm shortcut to get to the Union. Thank you, McHugh!

Libra: Student Union

September 23 — October 22

Where’s my favorite people-pleaser? Oh, here she is! Enter Libra, or in UConn’s case, the Student Union. Had enough of dining hall food? Need to gossip for an hour or two? Interested in joining one of our dozens of student orgs? The Scales of Libra have a balance for it all.

Fun and bubbly, Libra’s personality absolutely takes on the lively environment of this student hotspot.

Scorpio: Fine arts complex

October 23 — November 21

Beautifully elusive Scorpio, where in Storrs do you fit in? This passionate and strong-willed water sign finds resemblance in the Fine Arts Complex on the edge of campus. From passionate theatrical displays to the contemplative air of an artist, the Scorpion thrives where energy and emotions run deep in the quiet peace of the outskirts.

Commonly considered to be the most misunderstood sign of the Zodiac, many people have not ventured over to this amazing building, but if you’re in the area, be sure to try it out for an amazing study spot or to attend performances of our devoted students.

Sagittarius: Downtown Storrs

November 22 — December 21

Always looking for an adventure, Sagittarius finds its physical form in Downtown Storrs. Unable to sit still, all of the restaurants and shops in this location are perfect for the Archer that cannot be contained in one place.

This sign needs freedom to roam around and endless options to energize their spirits. So when the main campus becomes too repetitive, the fire sign energy of downtown is sure to liven you back up!

Capricorn: The Beanery

December 22 — January 19

In one of UConn’s most bustling and busy foodie spots, The Beanery, you’re sure to find the practical and dependable energy of a Capricorn. Get some work done, have an interview, or just sip some coffee and stare out the window like you’ve got your life together; the possibilities are endless!

Walk right next door to the Benton Museum of Art and culture yourself, or attend pet therapy and raise your standards for how you destress. It’s what the Goat would want.

Aquarius: Northwest Science Quad

January 20 — February 18

Aquarius, the creative and intellectual trailblazer that marches to the beat of their own drum, meet UConn’s newest building, the Northwest Science Quad. The building screams futuristic high-tech, and this air sign revels in innovation and humanitarian pursuit, making it the perfect match for this exciting new spot.

The Water Bearer is known to have their walls up, just like how you can’t get to the upper floors without a valid ID! But don’t worry, someone will let you in eventually, and then you can marvel at its beauty like the rest of us.

Pisces: Horsebarn Hill

February 19 — March 20

Dreamy and distant Pisces, no wonder I couldn’t reach you, you were all the way over at Horsebarn Hill! This spectacular scenic place has everything that the intuitive Pisces represents, especially gratitude and love for other beings.

Whether people come to stargaze or pet the animals, the atmosphere always feels a bit emotional, perfectly reflecting the most sentimental sign of the Zodiac that has its head in the clouds.

Final thoughts

While I’m sure each of these places holds its own meaning to every individual, it’s been incredibly fun to think about the personalities of these spots on campus and give them an astrological twist. The more I think about it, the more fitting they each seem, and perhaps you might even agree with me, too. (I’m never wrong.)

Don’t mind me now, I’ll just be thinking of Virgos every time I walk through McHugh to get my One Plate, Two Plates.

Megan is the PR/Event Planning Coordinator of Her Campus UConn. She is a junior at the University of Connecticut studying Allied Health Sciences and WGSS, on a pre-Occupational Therapy track. Megan enjoys writing articles about music, crafting, and incredibly niche astrology takes. This past summer Megan interned at Bradley Hospital under an Occupational Therapist, and her dire spending habits were largely funded by her other job in retail. When she's not writing or being a woman in stem, you can find her romanticizing her life through her Spotify playlists while doing one of her many hobbies. Megan's favorite pastimes are reading poorly written fantasy/romance, crocheting, and the gym, where she does more chatting than lifting.