This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

New Girl has arguably become the new Office for Gen Z since its debut in 2011. The show stars Zooey Deschanel (Jess Day), Hannah Simone (Cece Parekh), Lamorne Morris (Winston), Jake Johnson (Nick), Max Greenfield (Schmidt), and Damon Wayans (Coach). Throughout the years, many viewers have fallen in love with the quirky, dynamic between the roomies.

Today, New Girl is used as a comfort show for many people, and it feels like the sense of humor never gets old. Zooey’s character, Jess Day, warms the hearts of viewers everywhere with her cheesy puns and optimistic take on the world. She inspires Nick, Winston, Cece, and Schmidt to push through hardships with a positive, youthful mindset. 

Since the show came to an end in 2018, viewers are still attached to the dynamic between the characters and can look forward to the Welcome to Our Show podcast hosted by Zooey, Hannah, and Lamorne. Throughout the series, the three of them discuss the process of filming, casting, and re-runs! It’s essentially all the behind-the-scenes tea you didn’t know you needed. 

At the beginning of the series, the three of them discuss what it was like to choose actors with the best dynamic for the pilot and the overall series, and how they knew they were great matches from the start. Though Winston’s character was introduced later on in the series, Zooey and Hannah note how talented he was at adjusting to the series and the multidimensional, humorous character. 

Without disclosing too much about the series for fans, it’s definitely worth a shot if you’ve been looking for a new hot girl podcast or entertaining gym pastime to keep up with your beloved New Girl characters! The show has such a light-hearted happy feel to it, and it’s certainly a great mood-booster for all my cramping-for-finals college Gen Z’ers out there!

Check out the Welcome to Our Show podcast on Spotify to learn more about the New Girl family ✨

Clara is an undergraduate student at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, who is actively pursuing a degree in Communications. Clara has also worked as a designer for her school newspaper "The Daily Campus" and runs a fashion and lifestyle blog called "Why Not?". In her free time, Clara enjoys meditation, music, podcasts, sushi, and trying new things. Her dream is to work for a brand she is truly passionate about.