Wellness > Sex + Relationships

The Ten Guys You’ll Meet on Tinder at UConn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

1. Quick and Dirty

This guy is on Tinder with a purpose: get a girl quickly for the night. He gets straight to the point with a terrible pick up line that he would never say to you in person. Why he uses such a clingy opener is a mystery.

2. The Innocent

This guy is looking for a girl and has never used Tinder before. He’s new to the dating app scene and actually wants to get to know you. He has a long bio about himself and what he’s actually looking for, which probably is a long-term committed relationship.

3. The Ghost

This guy makes the first move, then you respond. And you’re waiting for a response. Still waiting. And you’ll never get that answer to that question, even though you both mutually swiped. But you can’t blame him, you’ve also ghosted your fair amount of people. Does that make you a hypocrite?

4. The Wannabe Sweetheart

This guy talks about how he wants to make you his queen and will treat you right. He promises to serenade you with songs and be better than other guys. Problem is, he never follows through with his promises.

5. The Gym Rat

This guy only posts mirror selfies of him at the gym flexing, him at home without his shirt on, him at the beach with no shirt on. Basically his body is a temple and you would be lucky to have it. You won’t ever see his face, because his phone always covers it since he’s flexing so hard.

6. Terrible Photographer

This guy has the blurriest photos ever and has nothing but his name and age in his bio. You can’t make his face out from the three photos on his page. But if he does have some clear photos, it’s probably of him in a group and you can’t figure out which one he is.

7. The Outdoorsman

This guy wants you to know that he hunts and fishes. His opening photo is him holding a fish, there’s a photo of him hiking through the woods with his camo, and probably has the fishing emoji in his bio.

8. Hipster Intellectual

This guy looks artsy in all his photos, and he knows how to dress, but is looking for the type that matches his  i n t e l l e c t u a l i t y. Your frivolous persona might throw him off, so be careful of a judging environment.

9. The Accidental Swipe Right

This guy you swiped right on by accident after one too many drinks, or even because you’re laying in bed. It’s okay though, because mistakes happen, and let’s face it, you’ll end up ghosting him anyways.

10. The Actual Sweetheart

This guy is the perfect man for you. He’s sweet, has a funny pickup line, very attractive, your friends approve, interesting to talk to. He’s your absolute Prince Charming.

Purna Dalal

U Conn '22

Purna is interested in lifestyle articles.