Starbucks & Dunkin’ Fall Drinks: Which Coffee Shop is a Better Option?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Fall is finally upon us, which means seasonal fall drinks are once again making a comeback! Starbucks and Dunkin’ are two of the most popular coffee shops among college students, and both stores sell a variety of fall drinks; the question is, where should you go to have the tastiest experience? 

Both Starbucks and Dunkin’ promote their signature pumpkin spice lattes; in my opinion, this drink tastes amazing from both shops, and there is really no significant difference besides the price. Starbucks is relatively more expensive than Dunkin’. Starbucks sells more frappuccinos, lattes, and macchiatos. Dunkin advertises cold brews, refreshers, and espressos. Here are my personal favorites and recommendations to try from each branch: 

Starbucks: Pumpkin spice latte (favorite fall drink ever!), iced chai latte with pumpkin cold foam, and the pumpkin cream cold brew. Can you tell I love pumpkin? 

Dunkin’: Be sure to try their pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin coffee, and apple cranberry coconut refresher. 

All of these drinks are very flavorful and will be sure to put you in the autumn spirit! The best option for your coffee needs is ultimately up to you; if you’re more of a frappuccino and latte gal like myself, Starbs for the win! If you like expressos and flavored coffee, Dunkin is perfect for you this fall season. Happy tasting! 

Hi! I'm Lilly, and I am a senior communications major at the University of Connecticut.