Starbucks Drinks You Probably Haven’t Heard Of, But Need To Try Now!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As a Starbucks barista, I know people tend to order the same things over and over. However, I also have been asked what are some good “secret menu” items. While I’m not sure if any of these are “secret menu” items, chances are you most likely never heard of these drinks.

Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate

Ahhh, who doesn’t love a good Snickerdoodle cookie? Now, you can indulge in cinnamon sugary goodness by ordering a hot chocolate with white mocha instead of regular mocha, cinnamon dolce syrup, whipped cream, and topped off with cinnamon dolce topping. This drink has become one of my personal favorites!

Caramel Apple Spice

If you want something that feels like a hug from within, then you need to try this drink. It doesn’t have any caffeine in it, but it’s just so yummy! This drink is made with steamed apple juice, cinnamon dolce syrup, whipped cream, and caramel drizzle. It’s light, not too sweet, and super comforting. 

Medicine Ball

You do not have to be sick to enjoy this drink! I do feel like whenever I have a cold coming up or a sore throat, the medicine ball soothes my pain. It does contain caffeine, but not as much as coffee. This drink contains the jade citrus mint tea, peach tranquility tea, steamed lemonade, and honey. 

London Fog

I think this is the first secret menu item on this list, but you can find more here. The London fog has earl grey, steamed milk, and vanilla. I personally really like it with soy milk! For those who like milk with their tea, this is amazing. 

Blonde Lattes

Do you like regular lattes? Do you find espresso to be too bitter sometimes? Well, you should try the blonde latte. Of course, you can have blonde espresso in cappuccinos and added to other drinks, but the blonde latte is my personal favorite. They’re subtly sweet, with no bitter aftertaste. They’re smoother, and I still get good amount of caffeine from them. I personally like blonde lattes with a little bit of syrup, like toffee nut or vanilla. 

Starbucks was never really my favorite, as I was more of a Dunkin Donuts girl. However, after I started working at Starbucks, I really appreciate the different drinks that a customer can order to avoid boredom. I hope you get to try these drinks and find your new fave! 

Photo by https://burst.shopify.com/@matthew_henry?utm_campaign=photo_credit&utm_content=Picture+of+Coffee+Mug+On+Background+%E2%80%94+Free+Stock+Photo&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=credit”>Matthew Henry from https://burst.shopify.com/drink?utm_campaign=photo_credit&utm_conten…”>Burst

Jillianne is a political science student who loves to travel, workout, and most importantly, eat.