This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As college students we often find ourselves racing to an 8 a.m. class or sneaking in a quick workout between classes. Bouncing from club events, lectures, and study spaces leaves us feeling tired and frazzled. Even on the go, everyone wants to look and feel their best. Most mornings, I find myself in a race against the clock struggling to pull myself together in time. If you’re like me, then a 10-step skincare and makeup routine is simply unattainable. Despite my limited time in the morning, I have developed a few beauty tips that are worth sharing for any girl on the go!

Simplify your routine

Your skincare routine doesn’t need to take 10 minutes, but taking a minute to cleanse your face in the morning can make all the difference. This is a necessary step to ensure you feel refreshed before starting your day. Cleansing your face instantly helps you feel more awake. Using cleanser in the morning helps get rid of excess oil, makeup, and sweat. Everyone’s routine will look slightly different but according to the New York Times, an effective routine can be as simple as cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Cleansing both in the morning and at night can be more effective in preventing acne and clogging in your pores. According to Dr. Anita Sturnham, “morning cleanse is nonetheless crucial for healthy skin,” creating a healthy barrier against the environment while promoting hydrated and balanced skin.

Use Toner After the Gym

After a good workout at the Recreation Center, or even a 15-minute hike to class, I like to keep toner in my backpack for a quick refresher. We don’t always have time to completely wash our face or shower after working out. Sometimes I try and sneak in my workouts between classes, yet I don’t like to leave my skin feeling sweaty. Keeping toner pads or a toner mist in my backpack is a simple way I cleanse my face of any bacteria or grime while on the go. My personal favorite product for after the gym is DMK ACU Mist. This step keeps me feeling particularly clean while helping to cool down my skin. Dr. Shultz suggests that “an essential time to use toner is whenever you need freshening up.” While using the product after a workout might seem like a given, it is also beneficial to take a moment in the middle of your day to get rid of any residual oil or debris that has accumulated on top of your skin.

Always reapply Lip gloss

Lip gloss is an easy way to enhance a natural daytime look. Lip gloss is the perfect little makeup product to tuck away in your pocket or backpack. When I reapply lip gloss it is an instant confidence boost. Not only does it add a pop of color, but it helps keep your lips feeling hydrated. My personal favorite lip gloss is Fenty Beauty’s Gloss Bombs Universal Lip Luminizer. This lip gloss is perfect for daytime or nighttime, instantly elevating minimalistic makeup within seconds. If this shimmer gloss isn’t your cup of tea, another option is the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. The mask not only smells good but adds a slight tint to your lips. While most use this mask at night, I find it leaves my lips feeling the most moisturized when reapplied throughout the day. Lastly, Rare Beauty’s Soft Pinch Tinted Lip Oil, is another affordable daytime lip gloss option. Rare Beauty offers a plethora of shades to match any complexion. The product is easy to use and lightweight against your lips. The oil-based product keeps your lips feeling hydrated, especially in the colder months.

Use an Eyelash curler

Using an eyelash curler is an easy way to elevate a makeup look. Using an eyelash curler in the morning helps create a more open-looking eye. Even if you don’t apply mascara, your eyelashes will appear fuller, longer, and more noticeable. Eyelash curlers will help hold the preferred shape of your lashes in place throughout the day. Oftentimes, it gives the appearance of mascara even if you didn’t have time to put any on. It’s important to remember that not all eyelash curlers are made the same, so find one that fits the shape of your eye best!

Ice Roll Your Face

Ice rolling your face is a great way to feel refreshed, especially in the morning. The coolness of the roller helps to reduce puffiness throughout your face and skin. Dr. Annie Gonzalez says, “Ice rollers stimulate the lymphatic system and massage the face to get rid of puffiness.” If you have a few extra minutes, ice rolling will leave you feeling awake and rejuvenated, while benefiting your skin. There are many different versions of this product, but the ESARORA Ice Roller for face & eye was a favorite amongst many Amazon users.

These beauty hacks will leave your skin feeling refreshed throughout your busy day. You will be left looking and feeling like the best version of yourself. Hopefully, these tips will add that subtle boost of confidence, allowing you to handle whatever the day brings!

Veronica is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut. She enjoys writing about a variety of different topics including style, health and wellness and current news stories. Beyond Her Campus, Veronica is an active member in various clubs and organizations. She enjoys taking yoga classes, traveling, grabbing coffee and listening to all genres of music.