CPL Sections CLOTHING?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
CPL Sections CLOTHING?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team
Style

7 Stylish Pieces To Spice Up Your Closet This Spring!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The weather is finally getting warmer, which means that it’s time to swap our winter coats for light sweaters and short sleeve shirts. But after so long of wearing heavy boots and scarves, I think we’re all looking for some new additions to our collections. No matter what type of style or what look you normally go for, it never hurts to have a few staple pieces that you can build several outfits out of. That being said, here are some of my personal favorite pieces that are must-haves for the upcoming spring season! 

Zara Marine Straight Jeans ($49.90)

The moment that it starts to get nice out, these are the first pants I want to wear. They’re super high-waisted, made of excellent material, and partially guaranteed to fit like a glove. They’re also easy to style and perfect for planning a quick outfit together. I often pair these with a crop top or a basic shirt, but they go with anything. They also come in several different and vibrant colors that are a great yet simple way to spice up any outfit.

Levi’s Ribcage Straight ANkle Jeans ($98.00)

Ask anyone I know. They can attest to the fact that I wear these jeans all the time. They have an incredible material, and buttons instead of a zipper create a flattering look. They make your legs look long and come with different washes to go with countless different outfits. Now, $98.00 for a pair of jeans is expensive, but Levi’s has sales often, meaning you can get them for as low as $45.00. Plus, you get free shipping with each order and other benefits if you sign up for their RedTab program. Overall, these are great to wear this spring and year-round.

Platform Converse ($75.00)

This may be a basic take, but there is no outfit that Converse shoes don’t pair well with. Though people feel strongly about their classic high-top shoes, I am a bigger fan of high-top platforms. They are more comfortable and support your ankles well. They make you slightly taller than you are, which is great for any superiority complex. You can also get small shapes engraved on them and customize the shoe itself. These shoes are super long-lasting and can be worn to make any outfit look more casual but put together. I cannot recommend these enough. They’re great if you’re looking for a durable but cute high-top shoe.

Reebok Club C Sneakers ($90.00)

If low-rise shoes are more your thing, you cannot go wrong with these. I have gone through about three pairs of Club C sneakers, and despite trying out different options, these are the ones that I always go back to. They look super polished, and depending on if you go for the white or off-white version, you can create a different ambiance around the outfit. Not to mention that these shoes are incredibly comfortable and perfect if you have to run errands or know you’ll be on your feet for long periods. If you want a casual but slightly dressy look, you need to get these.

Brandy Melville Brianna Cotton Thick Stripe Sweater ($30.00)

I’m a massive fan of striped sweaters, but these from Brandy Melville are among my favorites. They’re perfect for those spring days when you’re unsure if you should wear a jacket because it’s sunny but breezy and slightly chilly outside. Or for when it starts getting nice out, but all indoor areas are freezing. The material leans towards the denser side, but the quality is fantastic. Because they are oversized sweaters, you can wear them as such or alter the length for a slightly cropped look. They can be a bit pricey but are durable and easy to style with other things already in your closet.

Embroidered Crewnecks (prices vary)

Embroidered sweatshirts are great when you want to put a casual outfit together. For example, if you want to spend the whole day studying and you’re just looking for something that will keep you warm but look slightly nicer than a plain crewneck, you’ve got to look into getting some of these. They’re easy to pair off with colored leggings, jeans, or even corduroy pants. Some of the best ones are from Etsy, with two of my favorite places to get them being Caltrove and Palismade. They’re such excellent quality, and the color will not fade after several trips to the washing machine. There are so many options, and they pair great with pretty much anything!

There are definitely more great ways to make your outfits this spring more fun, but I hope you liked these! 

Maria Perdomo Barrios is an undergraduate sophomore at the University of Connecticut. She is a political science major on the pre-law track. Maria was born in Bogota, Colombia, but has lived in the U.S. since she was nine years old. She enjoys spending time with her friends and family as well as reading and traveling.