freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Run Down on Pete Davison and Kim Kardashian’s Potential Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The Kardashians are surely no strangers to speculation: from pregnancies, to divorces, to budding relationships, the Kardashians can’t seem to step out of the limelight. The newest rumor that has been stirred up suggests a relationship between Kim Kardashian and Saturday Night Live star Pete Davidson. After Davidson’s failed five-month engagement with Ariana Grande in 2018 and the recent Kimye split, the potential couple has us all wondering: what does the dynamic of this “relationship” really look like?

On October 7, 2021, Kim Kardashian stepped out of her comfort zone and took Saturday Night Live fans by surprise with well-delivered promiscuous jokes about herself and her family during her opening monologue.  Kardashian also starred in hilarious skits, one in which she shared a brief kiss with co-star Pete Davidson. Despite the shared kiss during their “Jasmine and Aladdin” skit, rumors of a relationship didn’t pick up until October 30, 2021, when the pair was spotted together off-stage. The two were spotted kicking off Halloween weekend on what some suggest was a “double date” between the pair and Kim’s newly engaged sister Kourtney Kardashian and her fiancé Travis Barker. After the outing at Knott’s Scary Farm in Buena Park, California, photos of Davidson and Kardashian looking giddy and holding hands on an amusement park ride began to circulate on social media. A source explains that the two will be seen together from time to time as they are “Just friends” and “They hang in the same circles.” Sources may prove to be true as the two have occasionally been seen together in the past, but skeptics just can’t seem to look beyond the roller coaster fondling as contradictory sources claim that Kardashian is “intrigued” by Davidson and that “she likes him.”

More recently, Kardashian and Davidson were reported to have had a secret dinner date in Staten Island. Kardashian was being honored for her SKIMS clothing line at the Wall Street Journal’s 2021 Innovator Awards in New York City when she allegedly met up with Davison after leaving her room at the Ritz-Carlton in Manhattan. Multiple sources claim that the two went to Campania, Davidsons favorite restaurant. This may look like more than “just friends”, but hey, the two just “hang in the same circles” even when they are sneaking into a back door of a restaurant to go on a romantic dinner date alone. 

Despite all the contradicting claims from unknown sources Davidson has been able to keep things light-hearted as he joked on Late Night with Seth Myers confirming that the rumors are true— he has a new show coming out. The soon-to-be-divorced Kim Kardashian has not yet addressed the rumors leaving us also wondering where Kimye stands as sources have also claimed that Kanye West was “put off” by the rumors as it “doesn’t look good for their family.” Despite this, some suggest that the parties involved will be discussed on the Kardashian family’s reality show. For now, fans will just have to remain curiously entertained by the situation. Luckily for those fans, the end does not seem to be in sight for the Pete and Kim media whirlwind. 

Adriana is a Junior at the University of Connecticut, studying Economics and Communication. After a long day of studying Economic theory, you'll find Adriana unwinding at a yoga class, or chilling on the couch binging reality tv.