This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

You may have heard of the drama surrounding the Don’t Worry Darling set and Harry Styles’ relationship with Olivia Wilde if you’ve been on the internet recently. If not, look at Her Campus UConn’s Emily Sharkis’ article, where she provides a detailed account of everything that happened. We’ve now entered a very interesting chapter in Miss Wilde’s love life— where her ex-nanny is sharing intimate details about her separation from Jason Sudeikis and how she’s now making her “special salad dressing” for Harry Styles. FYI salad dressing is quite literally salad dressing.

According to TMZ, the nanny’s name is supposedly Erika Genaro. She watched Wilde and Sudeikis’s two kids, Otis and Daisy, for around three years. The nanny still worked for both Wilde and Sudeikis after their split and she claims she was put in between the two of them often. She states she was fired on February 1st, 2021, by Sudeikis, which ironically is Harry Styles’ birthday, for texting Wilde. However, Wilde and Sudeikis claim she resigned. The nanny has now turned to the Daily Mail to tell her story, which sparked controversy and hatred for both Wilde and Sudeikis.

In her infamous interview with Vanity Fair, Olivia Wilde states, “the complete horseshit idea that I left Jason for Harry is completely inaccurate. Our relationship was over long before I met Harry.” Wilde claims that she and Sudeikis broke up in the early stages of the pandemic, and were simply co-parenting together. They decided to live separately once living together became unproductive. However, the nanny claims Wilde was still discussing getting married to Sudeikis and having their daughter be their flower girl in October 2020. 

According to the nanny, Sudeikis and Wilde broke up on November 8th, 2020, when Wilde came home after staying in a hotel because of a COVID outbreak that happened on the Don’t Worry Darling set. Sudeikis found out about Wilde’s relationship with Harry Styles from her Apple watch that she left that night. He soon banned Styles’ music in his house. Sudeikis was said to be a mess after Wilde broke up with him. The nanny claims, “on the Monday morning November 9, when I came back from a weekend off, he was crying a lot, crying and crying. I didn’t know what had happened at all.”

Wilde reportedly returned to her and Sudeikis’s home on November 15th, and it was here that the infamous salad dressing incident happened. Wilde was said to be in their kitchen making a salad for Harry Styles that included her “special dressing.” The nanny claimed Wilde was being chased by Sudeikis, who was also recording her. He then followed her outside to her car and laid under it, making her unable to leave. Wilde returned inside and was followed by Sudeikis again. Wilde allegedly told Sudeikis, “I’m scared of you, Jason, I’m scared of you.” The nanny states that Sudeikis told her that Wilde was going to see Harry and bring him her salad with her “special dressing” which is why he didn’t want her to leave. 

Sudeikis has referred to Wilde’s love for Styles as drug addiction, saying that “Harry is her crack.” The nanny informed the Daily Mail that the therapist Wilde and Sudeikis share talked to her and Sudeikis about Wilde’s obsession with Styles. The therapist apparently told them, “Olivia is like an addict right now, so we have to treat her like an addict to get her back to the family. It’s like having a drug addict come back to reality.” The nanny even claims that Wilde rehomed her Golden Retriever named Gordon, so she can spend more time with Styles. According to Sudeikis, Wilde never cared for the dog and only had him for appearances. The nanny says she’s the one who found him a loving new home. 

The nanny even touched upon the Don’t Worry Darling drama. She claims that Florence Pugh, the main actress in Wilde’s film, Don’t Worry Darling, actually hooked up with Styles before his relationship with Wilde. Pugh was in a committed relationship with a fellow actor named Zack Braff. According to Paper Magazine, “Olivia told Jason about this a couple of weeks after Harry started on set.” However, Styles stopped being intimate with Pugh once his fling with Wilde began. People are claiming this may be where the feud between Wilde and Pugh began.

Wilde and Sudeikis have come together to reject the nanny claims in a joint statement. They wrote, “As parents, it is incredibly upsetting to learn that a former nanny of our two young children would choose to make such false and scurrilous accusations about us publicly.” Wilde addressed the allegations against her, specifically the salad dressing. She took more of a comedic spin, posting a recipe on her Instagram story from author Nora Ephron’s book Heartburn. Which is coincidently apparently about cheating. She’s previously disputed the rumor’s about Pugh reportedly not liking her actions on set and her relationship with Styles.

While I was writing this article, the nanny actually made her first television appearance on Inside Edition. She spoke with Victoria Recaño who is a reporter for Inside Edition. Her face wasn’t shown, but she continued to double down on her accusations and included new information. She claims Sudeikis was carrying a bat during that infamous salad dressing incident. According to Inside Edition, “the nanny says she’s going public to stand up for the rights of all nannies, because they shouldn’t be treated that way.” Inside Edition is going to air more of the nanny’s interview on Wednesday, November 2nd.

Sagal M

U Conn '25

Sagal is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut. She's studying Political Science. She's hopes to become a lawyer focusing on civil rights law. Her favorite hobbies are watching rom-coms and reading books.