This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

If there is one event during the year that I consider to be the fashion olympics, it’s the Met Gala. Every year, I look forward to seeing all of the elaborate looks worn by some of my favorite celebrities from the comfort of my bed, and this year did not disappoint. This year’s theme was Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty to honor the late fashion designer. Lagerfeld has created designs for major fashion houses including Chanel, Valentino, and Chloé. I thought most every look was beautiful in its own way and it was so hard to narrow down my top ten, but these are just the ones who stood out to me the most.

10. ALex Newell

My number ten spot goes to actor and singer, Alex Newell. I absolutely loved this look and thought they killed it, but what especially sold it for me was the matching hat and gloves. The silhouette was perfect and I loved the simplicity of it because it allowed the accessories to stand out more.

9. Gisele Bündchen

For my number nine spot, I had to put Gisele Bündchen because that jacket is just — wow. It is a tulle Chanel gown and is a perfect nod to Lagerfeld’s past designs. She looked breathtaking walking the carpet and I like the fact that the glam was kept simpler to allow the dress to speak for itself.

8. Viola Davis

At number eight I have Viola Davis who wore a Valentino gown on the carpet. The absolutely stunning color of her dress stood out the most to me in this look. The bright fuschia and feathers were very unique for the carpet this year, with many looks being in neutral colors.

7. Tems

For number seven I have singer-songwriter, Tems, who wore a Robert Wun gown, but the main star of the show for me was her gorgeous headpiece. All of the amazing delicate details that matched the gloves really elevated the look for me.

6. Diddy

At number six I decided to put Sean John, aka Diddy, who wore a Sean Jean look. This stood out to me amongst a lot of the other male looks because of the amount of detail included without being too over the top. It was a perfect representation of Lagerfeld’s work and it all looked very cohesive.

5. Jennie Kim

Now heading into my top five, I had to include Jennie Kim from BLACKPINK who wore this short Chanel gown. The dress was so simple, yet looked so sophisticated with the matching accessories that perfectly tied into the belt of the dress.

4. Paris Hilton

At number four, I decided to put Paris Hilton who was wearing a long, black Marc Jacobs gown. This was Hilton’s first-ever Met Gala and she did not come to play around. The dress was a great balance of textures with the leather skirt and the rhinestone top. The monochromatic accessories and makeup really stood out to me as being cohesive and on-theme.

3. Keke Palmer

At number three I have Keke Palmer and she did not disappoint. She wore a Sergio Hudson gown and I loved the use of tweed as a way to acknowledge Lagerfeld’s designs. Everything about the overall look was polished and I thought that she was absolutely glowing!

2. Dua Lipa

Coming in at number two, I have Dua Lipa, who wore a 1992 Chanel gown. I loved this look because not only is the dress itself stunning, Dua Lipa just looked effortlessly beautiful with the simple styling around the dress, letting it speak for itself.

1. Anne Hathaway

At number one, I only have two words for you: Anne. Hathaway. She looked simply BREATHTAKING in her Versace dress. Everything about this to me was perfect: the color, the silhouette, the use of tweed, and the modernization of the gown with the gold safety pins. Not only was it on-theme, but she took it to the next level with the overall styling.

Emily Norton

U Conn '25

Emily is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut and is currently studying English with a focus on Writing and Composition. When she isn't writing, she enjoys listening to music and hanging out with her friends.