Midterms as Told By Spongebob Squarepants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s that time of the year again.  These are the glorious few weeks when midterms are sprinkled upon college students as lightly as golfball-sized hail.  

It all begins with a single reminder from your professors that midterms are just around the corner, starting next week.

You try and plan ahead of time to be productive, for once.  

But of course you end up feeling a bit more like this:

No worries!  There’s still an enitre day before your next exam; plenty of time to study. You feel good and you’re prepared.

You break out the notes and start working.

It’s all going great!

… maybe not.

You still have time, so you take a little breather.  

Time for a movie? Sure, why not!

Dance break..

Snack time..

You might as well sit around a campfire and sing a campfire song for good measure.

Unfortunately once that’s over, you realize you have to pull an all nighter in order to finish studying.

It starts off great, you open all of your notes again and get working.

You crack open the textbook which has been untouched all semester to catch up.  Six chapters in one night? No big deal.

It’s 4 o’clock in the morning and your test is at 10.

Finally, you finish studying and you feel okay about the exam.  

You try and get an hour of sleep before your impending doom of multiple choice and short answer questions.

You get to the exam room and your restless night finally catches up with you.

Some of the questions look familiar…

That looks right.

After an hour and a half later you’re done!  IT’S FINALLY OVER!

You get back to your room and have a brief mental breakdown about all the answers you second guessed.

Three days later the grades are up and you’re scared to look.

Somehow the universe heard your pleas and you got an A-! 

It’s all looking up when you realize you have to do it all again tomorrow for your next exam. 

Good luck on the rest of your exams and don’t forget to bring an ID incase the professor requires one!

Nikki is the Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief for Her Campus UConn.  She is a senior majoring in Communication with a minor in HDFS.  Nikki wishes she was Beyoncé, worships Adele, eats more pasta than is probably recommended, and is a Ravenclaw at heart.   If you have any questions or concerns regarding Her Campus UConn, you can email her at nicoleharris@hercampus.com.