This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians aired its twentieth season this March 2021. The women of the Kardashian clan have been gracing our television screens for an astounding fourteen years, with the pilot airing back in 2007. Relatively unknown and unpopular at the time, Kris Jenner and her five daughters, Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, Kendall, and Kylie are now global stars and easily the most recognizable women in the world. 

The Kardashian-Jenners are some of the most followed celebrities on social media, with paparazzi following their every move over the last decade. Keeping up with the Kardashians has brought the family an income of over $200 million dollars. Their nineteenth season garnered just about a million viewers per episode. The Kardashians released a statement about their decision to end their reality show via Instagram – “After what will be 14 years, 20 seasons, hundreds of episodes and several spin-off shows, we’ve decided as a family to end this very special journey. We are beyond grateful to all of you who’ve watched us for all of these years — through the good times, the bad times, the happiness, the tears, and the many relationships and children. We’ll forever cherish the wonderful memories and countless people we’ve met along the way.”

Over the last decade, the Kardashian family has shared some of their most intimate moments with the world. From Kim’s robbery in Paris to the sisters’ multiple failed relationships, the births of their several children, Caitlyn Jenner’s transition, Kim entering law school, and several more scandals few and far between, we’ve seen it all. Viewers have watched the girls grow up in the spotlight and into ambitious and career-driven women. Kris’ youngest daughter, Kylie, was just ten years old when KUWTK aired, and she is now a twenty-three-year-old billionaire beauty mogul with a daughter of her own. 

The family, however, will not be gone from television screens for very long. The Kardashians announced a partnership with Hulu that will commence in late 2021. It is unclear whether the project will be somewhat of a continuation of their previous show or something entirely different. The move to Hulu seems to be consistent with the new popularity of streaming services. It has also been said that KUWTK is no longer a main source of revenue for the Kardashians, as most of their income arises from their multiple businesses, brand deals, and social media posts. From a monetary standpoint, continuing Keeping Up with the Kardashians had no real value for the family. 

The Kardashians have yet to reveal any details about their new show on Hulu, but no worries, I’ll be here in the fall to give you all of the updates! 

Sadie is a junior at the University of Connecticut studying a dual degree in journalism & legal studies with a minor in women's studies. She’s a raging feminist and iced chai tea latte extraordinaire.