ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Wear Your Summer Clothes In the Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

2013 is almost over and sad to say, we’re at the point in the year where the temperature is noticeably cooler and you really can’t “get away” with wearing your shorts or summer tank tops anymore. However, with the following tricks you won’t have to pack away all your warm weather clothes quite yet! Use the following tips to make your cute summer wardrobe chic for fall. 

1) Pull a sweater over your dress

You don’t have to put away your favorite sun dress yet! Make the most out of your dresses by pulling a sweater over it. You can rock this by either using a pullover sweater, or you can slip on a cardigan. Either way is a simple and trendy way to transition your summer wardrobe into fall.

Option 1: The Pullover + Dress Look, as worn by Kate Bosworth:

Option 2: Open Cardigan + Dress as worn by Taylor Swift

2) Wear tights under your shorts

As silly as it sounds, putting on tights underneath your favorite short-shorts not only provides warmth, but makes for an edgy fall outfit perfect for going out to a party on a crisp night, or even just walking around campus. For a preppier look, add colored leggings.

For an example, here’s Miley Cyrus using black tights with denim cut offs for an eclectic vibe:

or alternatively, Leighton Meester using red opaque tights

3) Mix your summer favorites with fall staples

Finally, the easiest way to extend your time with the bright colors and fun patterns of summer is to pair them with warmer clothing styles and fall colors. Wearing bright floral tank tops with fall colored jeans, boots, or sweaters is the simplest solution. Use this outfit for inspiration:

How do you incorporate your summer pieces into your fall wardrobe? Comment and share other ideas below!

Hey I'm Hayley and I'm a sophomore here at UConn form Boston, MA. I'm a Marketing major and Communications minor with a strong interest in fashion and journalism. I hope to be the next future Lauren Conrad one day and run my own lifestyle blog. I'm also interested in fitness and health, movies and television, as well as psychology (such a random assortment of things, I know). When I'm not trying to maintain my sanity with homework, the gym and studying, I spend most of my time with my sisters in my sorority or catching up on my TV shows through Netflix. You can contact me through email or on here! :)