How We Feel Towards the End of the Semester as Told by Liz Lemon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Well we’ve made it past these last three months of the semester and although it’s been challenging at times, we have powered through. However, we have now reached the final month of the semester and that means the moment we have all been waiting for is approaching: THE END OF THE SEMESTER (cue tears of happiness). But before we can get to this joyous time we need to survive these next couple weeks, otherwise known as the trying times. These weeks are the ones when all the tolerance and motivation you had for school slowly starts to crumble and you really just want to lay in your bed. At this point we are barely hanging on and are scrambling to finish the semester off. We are so over this semester and feeling a whole spectrum of emotions that only Liz Lemon can really show.  

We Are Excited 

We are sooo excited that the semester is finally coming to a close and to finally have a break. We can clearly see the finish line in the distance and we feel…. well we feel like this:

We Are Stressed 

But then reality sinks in and we figure out that the one thing standing between us and freedom is endless school work. The “so much to do and so little time” saying has never rung truer. 

We Are Struggling 

We keep convincing ourselves we will be productive and say things like “finish off the semester strong,” yet we find ourselves doing anything but homework and studying, aka Facebook stalking and buzzfeed quizzes. 

We Are Upset 

As we start to get more grades back, the period for redemption is slowly dwindling, yet we try not to let that get us down too much.

We Are Avoiding Our Problems

The only things that seem to aid in the struggle are food and Netflix because what better way to solve your problems than to avoid them?

We Are Freaking Out 

You try at all times to keep calm as you desperately try to avoid having 476237342 mental breakdowns this week. 

We Are Fantasizing 

You fantasize about being done with finals and finally being home for break without a worry in the world. 

Stay strong collegiettes and power through!