How it Feels When Your Professor Goes on a Rant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It is one of the most annoying things ever when professors go off on tangets about things completely unrelated to the class curriculum.  Here are 11 thoughts we all have when we realize our professor is about to go off.

At first you start to try to listen because maybe this will help you in the long run on the next exam or assignment.

But then you can tell it’s starting, they start to get more passionate and out of control.  You see the eagerness in their eyes.

You look around in disbelief that they’re actually about to go off on a tangent and you try to catch the eyes of your peers.

Then they bring up irrelevant topics and ideas and it hits you that it’s official: this is a rant.

You can tell it’s starting, they start to go off topic.

You want to bang your head against something and you think, “I’ve already had three lectures, I don’t need this.”

You’re confused and now annoyed. “WHY, WHY, WHY?”

*Eye roll, slumps over* “Why?”

You want to stand up and scream, “Come on! Not again!”

Deep breaths, deep breaths.  Hopefully it will be over soon.

And when it’s finally all over…

May your professors stay focused and your classes be short.  

Cover Image Source

Alexis Angelini is a fourth-year student studying English and Communication. When not working as a Social Media Content Producer, Alexis is heavily involved on campus. She currently serves as the President of UConn Yoga Sangha, the Marketing Director of Her Campus UConn, as well as a Peer Educator in S.H.A.P.E. Her love and interest for social media is reflected in her experience, as she has worked with brands such as Aerie, Rent the Runway, Hallmark, Neutrogena, The Economist, Uber, etc. Her social media experience has helped start-ups to Forbes-featured businesses to Fortune 500 companies with their social media.
Nikki is the Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief for Her Campus UConn.  She is a senior majoring in Communication with a minor in HDFS.  Nikki wishes she was Beyoncé, worships Adele, eats more pasta than is probably recommended, and is a Ravenclaw at heart.   If you have any questions or concerns regarding Her Campus UConn, you can email her at nicoleharris@hercampus.com.