Guide to Surviving Finals: UConn Freshman Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The worst part about going to college has got to be that six letter word that basically can make or break your grade: finals.  Let’s be honest, high school finals have no comparison to college finals.  Here are some tips and tricks that I will be using to get me through the next week of hell.

1) Don’t go to the library to study.  Where does everyone go to study for finals: the library.  If you are like me, you need someone completely silent and not crowded to study.  Where do I go to study then you ask?  The best places to study are classrooms.  There are study lounges in the Chemistry building or in the Classroom building that are always open.

2) Don’t bum it during finals.  I don’t know about you, but when I look good, I always feel better.  By being in a good mood, I always perform better on tests.  To lift your spirits during finals week, wear your favorite outfit.  I always like to wear bright colors!

3) Reward yourself with a sweet treat after a good study session.  When I am studying for my least favorite subject (Economics), I always push myself to study by telling myself if I get through this chapter, I will get a muffin from the Union.

4) De-activate your Facebook account.  No one needs distractions while you are studying, and once finals are over, you can reactivate.

5) Take advantage of professor’s office hours.  If you have a question about a certain topic, who better to go to than the person making your final exam! 

Good Luck on finals! Don’t forget to comment with your best study tip!

My name is Ashley Dostie and I am the current Editor in Chief for the Her Campus branch at the University of Connecticut. I am a journalism and public relations double major and I am looking forward to expanding and publicizing this amazing online magazine come fall semester!