Essentials for Winter on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

We have begun the plunge into 30-and-below degree weather, and with winter being the season that (unfortunately) lasts the longest, the good news is that cute and comfy cold-weather outfits can now make their debut; while conveniently providing must-haves for braving the winter at UConn.

Sweater-and-leggings Combo

You can’t go wrong with an oversized sweater paired with some leggings for those chilly days where you trudge to Homer Babbidge. While you’re sitting for hours in your cubicle, you’ll thank yourself for the comfy (but still cute) outfit choice.

Long Parkas

A must-have for those brutal winds on your way to and from class. You’ll be toasty from head to…well, knee, especially with any insulated winter coat from Columbia

Boots with Legwarmers

Jazz up your boots by pulling on a pair of legwarmers or knit knee socks to peep out of the top. Not only will they do their job of adding some warmth to your lower legs, but also will draw attention to those boots! Forever 21 always has a wide variety to choose from.

Beanies/Head-Rings

Any type of beanie, especially oversized, is perfect for brisk winter mornings as you head off to 8ams. However, if you don’t want to mess up a hairstyle, a head-ring could be the perfect thing for you, especially because it also keeps those ears warm! Columbia, again, offers a great selection of thermal head rings.

Scarves

There’s nothing worse than blistering winds, especially on exposed areas like your neck. Protect it with by slipping on an oversized knit infinity scarf. Go to any shopping center and you’re bound to come across at least 1,000 different kinds.

Stay warm, Huskies!