This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The UConn community is very proud of our mascot Jonathan! The NCAA named him the second most lovable college mascot in the country. The top five also included Baylor’s Bears, and the University of North Carolina’s Ram. All were undeniably cute, but nothing can top Jonathan’s friendly nature, ability to spread Husky pride throughout our campus, and of course: those blue eyes!

Jonathan XIV is UConn’s newest official mascot, however the husky has been the symbol of UConn since 1934. You can find him cheering on athletes at UConn sporting events, attending student programs in the community, and visiting around campus. So next time you see Jonathan on your way to class, stop and say hi because he’s representing our university in an amazing way!    

Elise Yonika and Jonathan!

Jonathan with the UConn dance and cheerleading team! Photo by UConn Cheerleading.

Jonathan and his best friend! 

Don’t forget- Jonathan loves his social media! Follow all his adventures on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Oriana is a student at the University of Connecticut, with a double major in Communication and Spanish. She enjoys reading, traveling, espresso, and Vogue magazine.