Campus Kicks: Fall Boots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

“Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.
-Marilyn Monroe

Fall has officially arrived, so ladies, it’s time to trade in the summer flip flops for some new fall footwear.  Staying up to date with the latest trends for each new season can seem like an overwhelming and expensive task, especially on a college student budget.  Never fear, we’ll help you stay in the loop on the latest campus trends and just where to find them.

The hot trends for this fall season are tall riding boots and ankle booties.   Great for walking around campus, to class or dressing up for an evening out. These styles are a must have that you will definitely want to add to your wardrobe!  Choose from a variety of styles, textures, colors and patterns to find the pair that will be a perfect addition to your fall essentials.

Flat riding boots are a perfect complement to almost any fall outfit, whether you choose to sport them with casual jeans or with a fall dress for a more feminine touch.  Wear them just below the knee or pull them over the knee.  Choose among leather or suede, black or brown. For a bold statement purchase boots with various embellishments such as an exposed zippers, buckles, laces or studs.

Left to Right: Payless Shoe Source $39.99, Payless Shoe Source $59.99, Chinese Laundry $189.95                    

Left to Right: Aldo $180, Michael Kors $245

Ankle booties are a trendy alternative to the traditional tall boot.  They are a great choice when transitioning from classes during the day to going out at night!  Whether you want simple flats or  an edgier heel, there are tons of fun styles, colors and prints to play and experiment with to find which best expresses your personal style. 

Left to Right: Forever 21 $13.50, Kelsi Dagger at DSW $49.95, Baker $70

Left to Right: Coach $278, Aldo $120 

For those fashonistas on a budget, you can still get these same fabulous fall looks but for much less.  Check out stores like Payless Shoe Source, Forever 21, and Charlotte Russe for affordable prices on the latest looks.  College students on a budget will love these great deals, perfect to last for the season.  The prices definitely favor a college student budget without sacrificing style. 

If you’re willing to spend a little more, check out brands like Steve Madden, Jessica Simpson, Aldo and Chinese Laundry for moderate to expensive prices.  These brands can usually range anywhere from $50 to $100 and higher.  Try looking into stores such as DSW and Bakers to find a variety of different brands and styles at reasonable prices.  Designer quality shoes come at designer prices, but if you want to make a wardrobe investment, this could be just what you’re looking for.  Designer labels such as Michael Kors, Coach and Nine West have the latest boot styles offered at top price and quality. Also, make sure to check out department stores such as Nordstrom to get a wider variety of top labels that are offered.

Happy shopping and remember to stay updated with Her Campus UConn so your campus kicks never go out of style!  

My name is Ashley Dostie and I am the current Editor in Chief for the Her Campus branch at the University of Connecticut. I am a journalism and public relations double major and I am looking forward to expanding and publicizing this amazing online magazine come fall semester!