Beyoncé Launches Partnership with Topshop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Beyoncé is launching an athletic, streetwear label with the British retailer, Topshop this upcoming April. The collection was announced in October 2014 but since then not many details have been released. It was supposed to launch in fall 2015-but we’re not complaining as perfection cannot and should not be rushed. So far, we do know that the “athleisure” brand will include “clothing, footwear and accessories across dance, fitness and sports categories” according to The Telegraph. The brand will be all about functionality with “technical performance characteristics as well as an athleisure side, targeting women who go to yoga or the health club, as well as those who just want to look as if they do,” according to Women’s Wear Daily.

Topshop has previously done collections with Kate Moss and Kendall and Kylie Jenner but this partnership will be very different than those previously mentioned because it will be a 50-50 partnership rather than a conventional collaboration. Sir Phillip Green – owner of Arcadia, which operates Topshop – was very adamant about distinguishing this business venture. This partnership has been listed as Parkwood Topshop Athletic Ltd. but the actual athletic streetwear brand itself has not been named yet.

You may be asking yourself what “athleisure” looks like. Well, it’s the rising style of wearing workout clothing as streetwear. Wearing fitness clothing as legitimate outfits is very ‘in’ right now. Other celebs such as Rihanna and Kanye West have dabbled in this new trend but they are about to be knocked out of the game by Bey come spring time.

Not even a tiny teaser has been released to the public but here are a few Queen B moments that we hope she channels for her new clothing brand!

#fierce

Bringing neon back, we like it.

#BEYOND loving this all black outfit

Old school jean jackets are a major staple piece everyone should have in their closets. 

Channeling Britney and JT

Love this like XO

Burgundy Babe

Vote YES to crop tops                                                                                    

Love You Bey!

Thumbnail photo credit

Ari is a self admitted fashion-aholic with an insatiable appetite for handbags and beauty products - not necessarily in that order.  When she is not bingeing on Netflix, daydreaming about Louboutins or scouring the Internet for "up to the minute" entertainment news, she can be found at the nearby Sephora offering advice on the latest and greatest must-haves - and NO - she does not work there.