freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The art of the Tinder bio as told by UConn students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.
In an increasingly digital world, Tinder has become a widely used online dating app and is now especially popular on college campuses. Whether students are looking for hookups, relationships, new friends or anything in between, tinder has it all. But it’s not all fun and games. If you’ve ever been on Tinder before, you know how crucial it is to have an enticing bio. A Tinder bio can serve as a conversation starter and it can make or break your chances of someone swiping right. So don’t be shy, get creative!

Below is a compilation of some of the best Tinder bios submitted by UConn students. 

Some are cute…

“Ben & Jerry’s, yogurt parfait with a sprinkle of granola, you — three things I want to spoon right now.”

Some are clever…

Some are poetic…

Some are honest…

Some play to their strengths…

“I’m one of the many cousins of Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson.” 

“I can read and I have zero felony convictions… I guess you could say I’m the total package.”

Some even compile reviews…

Some use furry creatures to their advantage…

Some use bribes…

Some ask for constructive criticism…

Some get a little too political… 

Some make you feel uncomfortable…

“Serial killer.”

Some are slightly threatening…

Some are just creepy…

As you can see, there are multiple approaches you can take to the Tinder bio – funny, cute, creepy and more. And if none of those work for you, you can be mysterious and leave your bio blank. Whatever the case, just be yourself and don’t be afraid to put yourself out there.

*All photos courtesy of UConn students.

Annie is a junior majoring in political science and journalism. After she graduates, she is interested in pursuing a career as a reporter and traveling as much as possible. In her spare time, she enjoys watching “The Bachelor,” doing yoga and spending time with her two chihuahuas, Hammy and Bella.