6 Dates for the College Valentines

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

*Sigh*, love is in the air. For those of us who have a bae in our lives, we need to figure out a way to celebrate. If you don’t have a bae, no worries. You don’t need no man. However, us poor college girls just need to figure out how we can celebrate love while being in college. Here are six different date ideas for the college student that are sure to make your V-Day perfect.

Date #1:

If you have no car, no way to get to a romantic place, and you just want a nice quiet evening with you love. Why not ask your roommate to leave, order some takeout, and have a cuddle night for two? Even watch your favorite romantic movie for a more low-key, quiet, yet romantic evening.

Date #2:

Maybe your roommate has to study and needs to stay home? We’ve all been there. Why not shell out a few bucks for an Uber and take a ride to a restaurant to celebrate V-Day?

Date #3:

Campus activities can be super interesting. Look up the schedule on campus for possible shows and games going on this Valentine’s Day. If you are both into sports, go see a UConn hockey or basketball game.

Date #4:

Connecticut is a beautiful state. Why don’t you and your bae check out the scenery? Go for a hike, take a walk around campus, or have a cozy outdoor picnic (weather permitting).

Date #5:

Go ice skating! Freita’s Ice Forum is right here on campus and you and your love can celebrate by holding hands, drinking hot chocolate, and showing off on the ice.

Date #6:

Cook dinner together. This one would apply to those who are lucky enough to have a kitchen in their room or apartment (sorry East Campus). Head over to the local Price Chopper, buy the ingredients to your favorite meal, and have a V-Day feast that is sure to bring you and bae closer together.