This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Fall is the season of colorful leaves, warm apple crisp, and effortless fashion. That’s right, the time has come to pull out your boots and favorite cozy cardigans. But you don’t have to pack up all of your dresses and skirts right away. Just because the weather is starting to cool down, that doesn’t mean you have to resort to wearing leggings and sweaters everyday. Here are five different ways to style the same dress and look your best this Autumn. 

Casual  

For this look, pair a corduroy bomber jacket and adidas sneakers with a dress for a casual day of classes and hanging out with friends.

Comfy 

Wear a dress with an oversized boyfriend cardigan and hiking boots for a cornmaze or apple picking!

Layered

Try wearing a dress over a t-shirt for an cool layered look. You can play with colors and patterns to stay warm and look fabulous for a fun day out. 

Sweet

Throw on a cropped sweater over your dress and pull on riding boots and your ready for a fall family brunch.

Chic

With a jean jacket and booties, you can turn a casual dress into a chic look that can take you from shopping to a night out.

All images courtesy of the author. 
Kate Luongo

U Conn '21

I am a junior English Major and WGSS Minor at UConn!