5 Ways To Stay Warm Without Layering Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Feeling cold this winter season but would like to not be layered up in scarves, gloves, and coats? Here are 5 easy ways to stay warm!

Drink tea or coffee

Forgot your gloves in your dorm and need some warmth? Grab a chai latte or coffee drink at one of the cafes on campus. It’s one of the best ways to get warmer. Not only do you have a heater for your hands but also the drinking the tea will make you feel warmer inside!

Snuggle with your boyfriend or bestie

Body heat is important. It increases with proximity to people. So get close and snuggle with your boyfriend or best friend, you’ll make each other warmer.

Take a jog

Exercise help to get your body warmer. If you’re really cold, go for a jog. Your body will warm you up quickly!

Let your hair down

Need a beanie? Are you ears turning red from windburn? Pull your hair out of your bun or ponytail. It will protect your ears and make them feel less chilled.

Imagine warm things

Ever just imagined a fireplace and suddenly you feel a little warmer? Pretend you’re in Jamaica until you can get into a heated building. It is a sure fire way to feel warm without actually getting warmer.

Sandy Mueller is freshman Human Development and Psychology double major with an emphasis in Pre-Med at the University of Connecticut. Her hope is to become a pediatrician. She loves writing and designing for the Daily Campus, UConn's student newspaper as well as contributing to the Her Campus UConn. She is from San Diego, CA. She's got a huge family. She has two sisters who are 23 and 31. Her parents are both scientists. She has loving friends who are very supportive. She is obsessed with music, art, and literature. She plays piano, draws, paints, volunteers, cooks, hikes, swims, and runs. One of her favorite things to do is ice skate in the winter when the ground is covered in a blanket of snow. She could also spend most of her day curled up with a book and a steamy cup of tea. You can read her blog at http://wondersdreamslove.blogspot.com/ and follow her on Twitter @SandraAnneM!