5 Reasons You Should Be Watching HBO’s ‘UConn: The March to Madness’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Last Wednesday, HBO premiered its new series, UConn: March to Madness. The series chronicles the UConn women’s basketball team’s journey throughout the season and, going forward, their journey through the NCAA tournament. The series appears on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. and is definitely a must-watch. Here are some reasons why: 

Inside Look into What Practices are Like:

Let’s just say seeing what the players go through every day in practice gives you genuine respect for them. They work extremely hard every day to make what they do in games seem easy. For me it was definite gym motivation. 

Inside Look Into Geno’s Genius:

It’s no secret that Geno Auriemma is the best coach in the history of college basketball. He consistently takes players with a good skill set and talent to the next level. Getting an idea of how he pushes players to reach their full potential is fascinating and worth the watch.  

Better Understanding of Individual Players:

In the first episode, a couple of the players were spotlighted and the audience learned a little bit more about them. It’s nice to understand the players not just for their basketball abilities but for their personalities and interests. 

Recap of Important Games:

Missed a few games or even all of them? No worries, this series recaps what happened in important games in a quick and easy-to-understand way. 

Interviews with Former Players:

Do you miss seeing your favorite former UConn players? The series interviews former players such as Breanna Stewart, Sue Bird, and Maya Moore for more interesting insight into the program.

The series can be watched on HBO on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. 

Cover Image Source