5 Reasons USplash Should Come Back to UConn Every Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Water balloons and foam, are we in a dream or is this USplash 2015?

UConn Empower, a campus organization that, according to their UConntact page, works “to bring about long-term change by empowering the underprivileged to help themselves through public health, education, and other empowerment initiatives” and student run website campusflipit.com (for all your used item needs) brought back the event, now in it’s third year, this past Saturday. Here are five reasons why it should keep coming back and growing every year.

1. The inner child in you will be ecstatic.

Who doesn’t love some good clean fun? Digging into those barrels of balloons and fountains of foam brings back your elementary school sense of fun. I mean, who are you kidding, you would’ve killed to be in the balloon toss at field day back in 2003.

2. foam, Foam, FOAM.

The more covered you are head to toe, the better. Better yet, there will always be someone walking around ready to dump a bucket of water on your head so you can get foam in places you didn’t know foam could get. Bringing you back to your days of over filled bubble baths yet?

3. The people will pump you up and motivate you.

Everyone is here to have fun, so no Debby-Downers today! If you aren’t excited by the time you get there, you better get ready to dance to some great music and #GETWET with the USplash team and 999 of your closest friends!                   

4. There’s no way that you won’t #GETWET with this kind of company.

There’s no way you can stay out of the line of fire at USplash. You’ll make plenty of new friends over the mutual love of smashing water balloons and foam over each other’s heads. Even if you don’t know anyone there, the USplash team and all the participants will make not having fun impossible on this day.

5. It’ll make your friends back home jealous of how great UConn is.

What other school hosts a 30,000 balloon water fight and foam party in the middle of the day? On top of the fact, USplash 2015 landed on a major open house day so we can show off how great UConn is to all the potential class of ’20 Huskies out there!

Be sure to check out USplash next year! If you were lucky enough to attend, see if you made any of the photos from the event!

Sarah is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UConn. She is a Communication and Journalism major at the University of Connecticut newly suffering from the travel bug after a summer in Spain and an obsession with all things UConn Husky Basketball.