5 Guilty Pleasure Snacks to Get You Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

We are all well aware of the fact that calories don’t count during finals week.  UConn has many delicious options, whether you’re craving sweet or savory, to help you make it through this stressful time.

1. Taco salads from the U

It’s like ~almost~ (well, SOMEWHAT) like Chipotle.  Pro-tip: order it as “Nachos with chips on the side.” Same thing as a taco salad, but you also get chips that you can dip into it.

2. Cookies

Insomnia Cookies is open until 3 a.m (and they currently have a deal – 12 cookies for  $10 until May 4!) so they are always around for a late night study snack.  If you want something closer, the big chocolate chip cookies from the union are always a favorite.

3. Candy

Our CC Erin can’t get through finals without Sour Patch Kids, and there are plenty more options at Bookworms, Sweet Emotions or the Union convenience store for that much-needed sugar rush.

4. Union Mac n Cheese

A small cup packed with cheesy goodness is EVERYTHING during finals week.

5. Dairy bar/Blue Cow/ Froyo World

Let’s face it- spring semester finals are THE WORST because it is so nice out.  Take a break and walk to the dairy bar or Froyo World, or if you can’t waste that much time check out the Blue Cow.  There’s nothing like some Husky Tracks for some much needed stress relief.   Froyo World also delivers. 

[Cover image source]

Sarah is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UConn. She is a Communication and Journalism major at the University of Connecticut newly suffering from the travel bug after a summer in Spain and an obsession with all things UConn Husky Basketball.