This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Do you sometimes feel the need to pop in your headphones and tune out the world? I know I do. No matter how much I meditate, read, or workout, sometimes the only thing I need is a good playlist to pick me up from a bad day; nothing compares to the feeling of dancing around your room or even crying your eyes out to a good playlist. Music is my favorite form of self care because you can listen to it whenever, regardless of how you’re feeling. There are endless songs out there for every one of your moods and every feeling you experience. So, I made four playlists to cater to all our mood swings (yes, we all have them).

IN THE MOOD TO: VIBE

Sometimes when we’ve had a hectic day, all we need to do is sit and relax. What better way to do that than by listening to a playlist made purely for vibing? No stress, no commitment. So, whenever you want to zone out or just need a break from all the noise, just press play!

My personal favorites: “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac, “Desenfocao’” by Rauw Alejandro, and “Lights Up” by Harry Styles 

IN THE MOOD TO: CRY

It seems counterintuitive to listen to sad music when you’re feeling sad, but it’s actually pretty therapeutic. The best way to get over whatever you’re going through is to let it all out, ugly cry and everything. We all have our own go-to sad songs for when we want to bawl, but this playlist is guaranteed to leave you shedding a tear or two.

My personal favorites: “Liability” by Lorde, “right where you left me” by Taylor Swift, and “Meet Me In the Hallway” by Harry Styles

IN THE MOOD TO: SCREAM

We all have those moments when all we want to do is scream. Whether it was triggered by someone cutting us off on the road, a lower grade than expected, or simply an argument, it’s normal to want to cuss out the world. Whenever I’m angry, I tend to make snap decisions and maybe say things I don’t mean. Something that’s helped me a lot with this is blasting my angry playlist and singing it at the top of my lungs. That way, I can still cuss out the world, but hey, at least I’m doing it in song.

My personal favorites: “Nightmare” by Halsey, “You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morrissette, and “Better Than Revenge” by Taylor Swift 

IN THE MOOD TO: SMILE

If you’ve ever seen the movie Perks of Being a Wallflower, you know the iconic scene where Emma Watson is hanging out of the car with her arms flailing while driving through a tunnel. This playlist is the equivalent of that scene, making you feel young, carefree, and happy. We’re all so caught up with school, friends, and work that we forget to give ourselves a moment to just feel good and dance. And, we all deserve to feel good!

My personal favorites: “Tongue Tied” by GroupLove, “Electric Love” by Børns, and “The Night is Still Young” by Nicki Minaj

Valeria is the secretary of Her Campus UConn. She is a junior studying English and Communications. She enjoys writing about pop culture, media analyses, music, and lifestyle. She works at UConn Magazine as an editorial assistant. For fun, she likes reading, journaling, crocheting, and making incredibly niche Spotify playlists.