3 Easy Recipes for a Valentine’s Day Spent In With Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

This Valentine’s Day ditch the stereotypical idea of having a romantic date and opt for a gal’s night in instead. Invite your closest girlfriends to a night in and enjoy a chick flicks and games, but don’t forget about the food. Here are three easy recipes your friends are sure to love.

1. Strawberry Pretzel Parfaits

Ingredients:

• 12 strawberries, diced
  • 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
  • 1 cup mini pretzels
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup whole milk yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions:

1. Put strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle granulated sugar on top, stir to combine (let sit for 20-30 min)
  2. Meanwhile, crush pretzels up into tiny pieces
  3. Drizzle melted butter and cinnamon over crushed pretzels and shake the mixture up in a Ziploc bag
  4. Add the yogurt and brown sugar in a small bowl, whisk together to break up brown sugar
  5. In each serving dish or cup layer yogurt mix, strawberries, then pretzels.  Repeat until dish/cup is full and garnish with yogurt and extra pretzels on top.
  6. Put in fridge until chilled and enjoy!

2. Mini Caramel/Chocolate/Peanut Butter Apple Pops

Ingredients:

• Granny Smith Apples
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Peanut Butter Chips
  • Caramel
  • Sprinkles
  • Chopped Walnuts

Directions:

1. Wash and dry apples
  2. Use a mini scooper and scoop out chunks of the apple
  3. Put skewers or lollypop sticks in the apple chunks
  4. Melt the caramel (add a bit of water) on the stove and the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in separate bowls in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds
  5. Dip the apples in desired dip
  6. Add sprinkles, walnuts, or any other topping
  7. Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet and place in freezer until set
  8. Remove once set and enjoy!

3. Cheesy Chicken Pizza Bagels

Ingredients:

• Bagels
  • Shredded Chicken (can be substituted with pepperoni or other desired toppings)
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Marinara Sauce

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cut bagels in half
  3. Put bagels on greased baking sheet, cut side up, and put in oven for 2 minutes
  4. Remove bagels from oven and use a spoon to spread on the marinara sauce
  5. Add chicken or desired topping
  6. Sprinkle cheese on top, amount as desired
  7. Put on a greased baking sheet, topping side up, and put in oven for another 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly toasted
  8. Let cool, and enjoy!

Make sure you take photos of your delicious Valentine’s Day snacks using #UConnHC on Twitter & Instagram!