10 Things UConn Guys Don’t Understand About Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Let’s be honest, guys can be a tad clueless about how the female mind functions. If we’re being completely honest, most girls don’t even know how the female mind works. After some research, HC UConn found the top 10 things UConn guys say they just don’t understand about girls:

1. How many dates until the girl pays for the check?

Often times, a guy will pick up the first check out of politeness. Ladies, if you’re guilty of letting your guy pay every time you both go out, it wouldn’t hurt to pull your wallet out every once in a while and treat him instead! Another great option would be to just split the bill 50/50.

2. Why do girls spend so much money on underwear?

We’re all about style. Even if we’re the only ones that see them, wear those panties with pride, ladies!  After a Victoria’s Secret splurge, it feels oh so good to walk out of the house knowing you’re rocking a cute and colorful new pair of panties! A matching bra is just the icing on top of the cake.

3. What’s with the sass?

Lots of guys love the sweet and sassy combination, if the ratios are right. Too much feisty can come off as aggressive or rude, so watch out for that. A little bit of sass always spices up a dull conversation, and there ain’t nothin’ wrong with a girl with some attitude!

4. Why do girls spend so much time on skincare?

A gorgeous complexion needs a little extra pampering sometimes! Guys like things done quick and easy, but if they spent the night treating themselves to a facial or clay mask, they’d definitely understand where we’re coming from.

5. Why don’t girls ever text first?

Because who doesn’t love the awkward period between exchanging phone numbers with a guy and waiting to see who will text who first? Girls like the confidence and avoid a little pressure when a guy texts them first, but ladies, don’t be aftraid to be bold and send him the first message!

6. Why are girls friends with other girls they don’t even like?

We don’t like having bad blood with other girls- who does? If avoiding that means putting on a smile and being friendly to the girl who may not be our favorite, then so be it. If you think that someone isn’t the right person in your life, your best bet would be to just ignore her. No drama here, please!

7. Are girls ever straightforward about what they want?

When there are so many options for basically, everything, it’s hard to just limit yourself to just one… boring! Deciding on what to eat is probably the toughest because let’s be real: if we could eat pizza, tacos, and a burger all in one night, we totally would.

8. Is peeing with an entourage really necessary?

The restroom is THE place to go for gossip, if you’re having a wardrobe crisis, or if you need a breather from that awfully boring guy who just bought you a drink at the bar. Guy’s don’t consider all the other aspects of going to the bathroom in a group.

9. Why do girls remember EVERYTHING?

We pride ourselves on our attention to detail. Because you never know when you’ll need to remember what he said to you at dinner seven weeks ago. Exactly the way he said it too. You know, just in case.

10. Why can’t girls just take a compliment?

When a guy says your hair looks nice today, he really just means your hair looks nice today. Got a few fly-away’s and some frizz? Yeah, he’ll never notice.