This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Summer was great but now that the seasons are changing, we are so excited to welcome our favorite things about fall back into our lives.  Fall is a beautiful time of year and arguably the best time to be on a college campus.  So let’s make the most of it, collegiettes!  Here are ten big reasons to get pumped:

1.The cooler temperatures

Imagine arriving to Psych 1100 and not looking like you just ran a marathon.  The uncomfortable lingering heat during the first couple weeks of this semester has had all of us religiously checking the weather app on our phones and longing for the seasons to change

2. The leaves changing colors

It’s no secret that college campuses were basically MADE for fall and UConn is definitely no exception! Whether you’re hiking to class or taking a relaxing stroll by Mirror Lake, any outdoor activity is made all the more enjoyable with the beautiful autumn scenery to admire.

3. Getting to wear our favorite fall outfits, again!

Summer was great but after four months of warm temperatures, we’re more than ready to trade the shorts and Husky t-shirts in for our cooler weather favorites.  We missed you, cozy oversized sweaters and leggings!

4. Halloween is on a Saturday this year

Whether you plan on partying it up at school or heading home for the holiday, Halloween landing on a Saturday makes it so much easier and more exciting to make plans.

5. Apple picking

The return of autumn means getting to go on our favorite fall outings, again…like apple picking!  Wright’s Orchard in Tolland, CT is a great and easily accessible orchard located only about 15 minutes from campus.  Going apple picking is a super fun seasonal activity to do on a date, with friends or with family.  And not just because of the apple cider donuts (but don’t forget to get one…or ten). 

6.  Enjoying our favorite warm beverages, again

Whether you’re a coffee, tea or hot chocolate girl, life is always easier (and tastier) with a steaming cup in hand.  We already know that the Starbucks in Storrs Center is going to basically become our second home this fall.  Pumpkin Spice Latte, anyone?

7. TV Season Premieres 

For a lot of us, fall symbolizes the return of favorite TV shows!  Having waited all summer to find out how different plotlines will unfold, we are now counting down the hours.  Microwaving popcorn in your dorm room and gathering some friends together will turn season premiere viewing into a fun fall event!

8. Wearing those expensive boots we splurged on last spring—finally! 

Those cute boots that we saved up to buy just to watch them gain a seemingly permanent home in the back of our closets are finally going to get their chance to hit the streets (or the muddy campus shortcuts) and we couldn’t be more psyched.

9. Thanksgiving Break

The opportunity to spend time with friends and family as well as a week off from classes definitely has this week circled and highlighted on all of our calendars.  Although the food will be great, what is luring us the most is the promise of long, hot showers–no flip- flops required!

10. All of the new beginnings

Whether it’s your first time at college or you’re a returning student, the fall semester is a time of many new and exciting opportunities!  From new classes to new clubs to new friendships, we can’t wait to see what Storrs has in store for us this fall!