Zeta Psi at UChicago!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

On a typical Friday night, a group of friends sat around discussing the fraternities on campus. Looking to fit into a different mold than offered by the pre-existing groups, Robin Greif and Klevin Lo thought to bring a new fraternity to UChicago’s campus: Zeta Psi.

Although Greek life is not popular among the majority of UChicago students, the founding members of the UC Zeta Psi chapter were not discouraged. “There are things a classroom cannot teach you, and that is where I see the place for Greek Life,” explained Greif.

While the ideals of every Greek organization vary, the members of Zeta Psi are excited to carry out the historical emphasis on the importance of academics and brotherhood at UChicago. A prime example of early brotherhood, Greif recalls a time when he found himself at 4am struggling with the decision of starting a new Greek chapter. “I called up one of my brothers, who at the time was in bed, and ten minutes later he was in front of my door.” The brothers of Zeta Psi did not take long to embrace the important role of brotherhood within their new Greek organization.

Colonizing in the winter of last year and receiving the charter in spring of 2013, Zeta Psi at UChicago has been working hard to grow their chapter. While striving to maintain the quality of brothers already active in the chapter, Zeta Psi is “looking for an authentic and independent character, someone who works resolutely for what he believes in, and by his extraordinary character complements the fraternity in his own unique way.”

Greek Life is a great opportunity for individuals to get involved with an organization that will push them to grow into an even better person. We welcome this week’s celeb to campus and we are looking forward to seeing your chapter develop in the coming years!

Annie Pei

U Chicago

Annie is a Political Science major at the University of Chicago who not only writes for Her Campus, but is also one of Her Campus UChicago's Campus Correspondents. She also acts as Editor-In-Chief of Diskord, an online op-ed publication based on campus, and as an Arts and Culture Co-Editor for the university's new Undergraduate Political Review. When she's not busy researching, writing, and editing articles, Annie can be found pounding out jazz choreography in a dance room, furiously cheering on the Vancouver Canucks, or around town on the lookout for new places, people, and things. This year, Annie is back in DC interning with Voice of America once again!