Why HC UChicago

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

It all started a year and a half ago when a girl named Lynda Lopez pulled me into Her Campus UChicago.

At the time, I had just started delving into the media community on campus and was still going around, trying to figure out what I really wanted out of it. So when Lynda emailed me about Her Campus UChicago, I didn’t actually know what, exactly, I wanted to do with it, nor did I really understand what HC UChicago was about.

A year and a half after being on staff, I’ve finally got things figured out.

What’s important to understand about HC UChicago, and about Her Campus in general, is that it’s not just about the “fluffy” stuff. Sure, we love marketing our guy friends as Campus Cuties, but that’s not the main point.

The main point is that we’re an online college women’s magazine talking about all the issues girls, like us, encounter during our college years. HC UChicago is a chronicle of all issues that matter to UChicago students, whether the issue is your unrequited crush or our lack of a trauma center on campus.

We understand that as a college student, you’re going to go through countless personal crises about what you need and what you want out of your college experience. With that in mind, we may not be here to take you by the hand and help you figure everything out, but we’re definitely here to show you all the diverse interests that give UChicago students passion and energy.

In essence, we’re here to reveal all the people and things that keep UChicago going.

And it’s that dedication to documenting what makes UChicago, UChicago that keeps me on staff.

Annie Pei

U Chicago

Annie is a Political Science major at the University of Chicago who not only writes for Her Campus, but is also one of Her Campus UChicago's Campus Correspondents. She also acts as Editor-In-Chief of Diskord, an online op-ed publication based on campus, and as an Arts and Culture Co-Editor for the university's new Undergraduate Political Review. When she's not busy researching, writing, and editing articles, Annie can be found pounding out jazz choreography in a dance room, furiously cheering on the Vancouver Canucks, or around town on the lookout for new places, people, and things. This year, Annie is back in DC interning with Voice of America once again!