The Pumpkin Hour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

‘Tis the season for pumpkin things! Fall bodes with it the start of a new school year, colorful leaves, frisky squirrels—and perhaps best of all, pumpkin-flavored things.

While pumpkin may not be your cup of tea, there’s bound to be something to your taste. Here are 5 pumpkin things we’re looking forward to:  

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
Spiced, hot, and foamy—it’s the perfect autumn treat for your belly. This drink will give you your daily caffeine kick while also giving you a comforting cinnamon-y warmth. Add in a pumpkin scone for an extra treat!

Pumpkin Ale
What better way to spice up your nightlife than with some pumpkin ale? Like a mix between apple cider and light beer, pumpkin ale is a sweet alternative to your normal drink options. There are dozens of brands to choose from, but if you don’t know where to start, try Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale.

Pumpkin Spice M&M’s
M&M’s just recently debuted with this all-new flavor. Though we haven’t tried it yet, we’ve heard it tastes just like cinnamon and chocolate—yum! The M&M’s are similar in shape to the peanut ones and come in orange, brown, and green.

Panera Pumpkin Muffie
One of my childhood favorites, the pumpkin muffie is like a skinned-off muffin top coated in a thin layer of powdered sugar. Moist, dense, and delicious, it almost tastes like cake—to which we say, perfect! Eat it with a cup of coffee for a decadent breakfast or dessert.

Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Donut
Sneak some pumpkin into your breakfast with the pumpkin donut. Light and fluffy, it’s like the glazed donut, only better. Eat one or two or four; you’ll miss this sweet treat come winter.

Annie Pei

U Chicago

Annie is a Political Science major at the University of Chicago who not only writes for Her Campus, but is also one of Her Campus UChicago's Campus Correspondents. She also acts as Editor-In-Chief of Diskord, an online op-ed publication based on campus, and as an Arts and Culture Co-Editor for the university's new Undergraduate Political Review. When she's not busy researching, writing, and editing articles, Annie can be found pounding out jazz choreography in a dance room, furiously cheering on the Vancouver Canucks, or around town on the lookout for new places, people, and things. This year, Annie is back in DC interning with Voice of America once again!